Iam new and wondering about bumper swaps - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Iam new and wondering about bumper swaps
Saturday, May 07, 2011 1:29 PM
So i am new to this site and to j-bodys. I am a g-body guy but in these time with gas prices want to get a car with good mpg, so i got a 2000 cavi base model. I wanted to no how hard it was to do a z24 bumper's and side skirt install and where the best place to get them just want the car to look better with the stock kit.

Thanks everyone, Paul

Re: Iam new and wondering about bumper swaps
Saturday, May 07, 2011 1:49 PM
If you are just switching to 2000 Z24 bumpers (which i'm not sure but i think is only a lip from 2000 on) then its no different than taking your bumper off and putting it back. If you want 95-99 z24 you will need to switch your headlights. Same rules apply for 03-05. There is a sticky on the exterior forum section with all the info you will need for any J body front end swap
Saturday, May 07, 2011 1:52 PM
As for buying the parts, Ebay, J-body.org classifieds, craigslist or certifit.com
Saturday, May 07, 2011 4:35 PM
Thank you, and so if i got the bumpers from a 2000 z24 its just unbolt/unclip the bumper covers then reinstall? Do they sell the fog light to? and are side skirt available? i am having a hard time finding them for the car
Saturday, May 07, 2011 4:47 PM
A 2000_2002 bumper if.u have that year cav is just cut slits n add the lip. If u have a 95_99amd want that z it just bolts on. Now if u wNt the 95_99z on a 00_02 the heDligh area needs cutting to fit the larger lamps. Or swap lights to. Sides just have like 6_8clips n some screws n some under car too. All years 95_05side fit. Pm I beleive my buddy may have a extra set of 00_02z sides. The front lip outside dealer idont think was produced. Its either used online parts, dealer or a yard.

Sunday, May 08, 2011 7:55 AM
Thank you for all of that hopefully i can handle it haha i am in no way a body guy, ive built 11 motors, done complete drive train and do interior work on occasion but body work haha hell no not for me, and what i have is a stock base model 2000 cavi
Tuesday, May 10, 2011 2:19 PM
Just so i got this befor i order it i have a 2000 cavi want to get the z24 bumper from another 2000 cavi i have to make cuts to fit it?
Wednesday, May 11, 2011 2:03 AM
if your staying with 2000-2002 front end, and just wanting to do the 2000-2004 z24 bumper (with fogs) its all a bolt on affair. no cutting.. no modding

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 3:30 PM
All bolt on is more my style haha i hate body work haha thank you!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search