Where to begin?!?! - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Where to begin?!?!
Wednesday, May 11, 2011 9:45 PM
I'm new to the Tuning group and have no clue where to start. I have a 4 door white cavalier 00 model and want to unleash it to its full potential yet don't know where to begin. Anyone have any tips? I have put in Bi-Xenon HID's and Put in a Cold Air Intake but thats all so far. I'm looking more for looks that performance first. Mainly I was hoping for items that were cheapest first but still make a good difference in the looks of the car. I'm thinking of removing the side panels and emblems tomorrow. Again thanks to anyone that replies I'd really like pushed in the right direction. Instead of buying random items and wasting my money .. like I've done too many times in the past.. Thanks again.

Re: Where to begin?!?!
Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:51 AM
Get a good drop and then some nice rims,then if u like body kit or lip kit

Modding my j since I found the org
Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:59 AM
Alright, that sounds like a good check list, how much of a drop in inches? More in the back?
Thursday, May 12, 2011 9:01 AM
WhiteCaVy wrote:Alright, that sounds like a good check list, how much of a drop in inches? More in the back?

More in front for more traction.

Thursday, May 12, 2011 9:13 AM
Well it all depends man the pro kit is a nice 1.5 drop but if you go lowere it'll look really good but you'll sacrifice ride comfort look in the suspencion forum good info there, also only way to adjust height in front or rear is going to be coilovers.

Thursday, May 12, 2011 9:27 AM
KYB AGX struts are the cheapest adjustable struts your going to find. They work perfectly with eibach pro-kit springs, 1.4" drop all around. Great, good, and solid combo that a lot of us run. Then some rims would make it sit/look nice.

Please remove the Bi-Xenon HIDs since they do not work correctly with J-body headlight housings.

Note of caution. If you remove the side molding and badges the paint might be faded compared to the paint under the moldings.....

You always want a positive rake angle. Front lower than the rear.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, May 12, 2011 9:42 AM
alejandro davila wrote:Well it all depends man the pro kit is a nice 1.5 drop but if you go lowere it'll look really good but you'll sacrifice ride comfort look in the suspencion forum good info there, also only way to adjust height in front or rear is going to be coilovers.

How bad will the ride comfort be? I've drove around for almost a year on bad struts and spring in the front so would it be any worse than that lol
Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:29 PM
Not so much, but you'll have a stiffer ride also bumps will not be your friend :-p

Saturday, May 14, 2011 1:00 PM
95LsCoupe wrote:
WhiteCaVy wrote:Alright, that sounds like a good check list, how much of a drop in inches? More in the back?

More in front for more traction.

Dont listen to this guy. 95LsCoupe a moron.

MD Enforcer is absolutely correct. KYBs with a Prokit and your good.

Saturday, May 14, 2011 2:03 PM
Make a plan, start a budget. Here are some write ups that will help you:

http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?2435-Planning-amp-Preparation-The-2-P-s-of-Modifying

http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?13996-Research-planning-budgeting-are-the-keys-to-success-in-modding

If you have any questions, let me know.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, May 14, 2011 2:33 PM
Also don't cheap out on suspention,engine or vital parts

Sunday, May 15, 2011 1:56 PM
alejandro davila wrote:Get a good drop and then some nice rims,then if u like body kit or lip kit

x2

I'm not a fan of body kits though. Stock or a lip kit is definitely the way to go exterior-wise, along with a drop, some nice 17" wheels and tinted windows IMO.

-MD- Enforcer wrote:KYB AGX struts are the cheapest adjustable struts your going to find. They work perfectly with eibach pro-kit springs, 1.4" drop all around. Great, good, and solid combo that a lot of us run. Then some rims would make it sit/look nice.

Please remove the Bi-Xenon HIDs since they do not work correctly with J-body headlight housings.

x2 on the KYB AGX struts/shocks and Eibach Pro Kit springs. I had this setup on both my Sunfires and it was low enough to look good without sacrificing ride comfort too much. Plus it's the cheapest (price-wise) new setup you can get for a J.

x2 on the HIDs as well. Stick with regular bulbs or SilverStars in the stock headlight housings.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search