hi i have a 2004 cavalier need mods idea but keep stock look - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hi i have a 2004 cavalier need mods idea but keep stock look
Thursday, May 19, 2011 7:03 PM
hi i am dirt track raceing my cavalier and the rule for my class is that it has to be stock or look stock i am already going to flash the computer just need more info on what i can do get more power
thanks in advance for all the help

and what a good header to go to

Re: hi i have a 2004 cavalier need mods idea but keep stock look
Friday, May 20, 2011 11:39 PM
What year cav do you have?

Saturday, May 21, 2011 6:40 PM
JUCNBST wrote:What year cav do you have?

you don't read titles do you?

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Saturday, May 21, 2011 6:43 PM
Tuesday, May 24, 2011 8:37 AM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:
JUCNBST wrote:What year cav do you have?

you don't read titles do you?

At 11:30 on a Friday, chances are I was a little into my handle of Kilo Kia...so I'm sorry if in my inebreated state I overlooked that.....

Jordan, if your car only has to look stock....some things I would look into would be running balance shaft delete kit as this would eliminate roughly 8lbs of rotational mass inside the motor. If your running a manual car I would have the stock flywheel machined down to remove the chunks of metal between the mounting points for the pressure plate, or just grab an aluminum one and rattle can it black to hide the shineyness..... You could also look into the 2.4 intake manifold swap and bigger cobalt ss fuel injectors to help get the most out of the car on the top end since stocker's are at their limit at redline....Also might want to pick up a Cobalt SS supercharged exhaust manifold, as they look stock but have a bigger collector size than a J's stock manifold. Just keep an eye out on the classifides here and on cobalt ss.net for some deals on stock cobalt parts.

Some other things to look into if you want the suspension to be a little more responsive would be aluminum grand am gt lower control arms as they will help eliminate unsprung weight, and the aluminum Malibu steering knuckle. From what I researched you can use a 96 chrysler concord 3.3v6 wheel bearing on that steering knuckle to keep the 5x100 bolt pattern, or you could just run the malibu hub and pick up some 5x100/5x114 universal steelies from discount tire.

And finally check out ecotecforum.com as they might have some other idea's I haven't thought of as far as the engine goes. Also one more thing, if your on a 5speed and your tuning via HP tuners, removing the tq managment alone makes a huge difference in how the car will pull, Thats what I noticed when I had my supercharged eco tuned.

Hope this helps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, May 24, 2011 8:40 AM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search