noob looking for a mentor in Raleigh - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
noob looking for a mentor in Raleigh
Friday, May 27, 2011 11:59 AM
Hello everybody, I have a 2002 cavalier. I am looking for somebody that can teach me how to perform all the maintenance for this car. I have bought a little floor jack and jack stands in preparation. I have the manuals and I have been watching videos from 1Aauto on youtube, but I would really like some hands on training. Is anybody interested in teaching a newbie? I bought the car from carmax with 30k miles. The car has 65k miles on it now and hasn't had anything done execpt oil changes. New rotors a few years ago too. I am hoping to learn how to change the fuel filter, how to change the transmission filter and fluid, how to change the spark plugs, serpentine belts, maybe suspension bushings, brake pads. Ideally I would like to learn everything there is to learn, but these main areas I think would be a good start. I have learned how to do most of these things in theory or on paper but, I would prefer to have a mentor demonstrate or watch over before I try for myself.

2002 cavalier 4 door, automatic with 2200 SFI motor, custom carputer installed.

Re: noob looking for a mentor in Raleigh
Friday, May 27, 2011 12:05 PM
this is what I use
clicky

Friday, May 27, 2011 12:17 PM
I do have the Haynes and Chiltons already. I haven't read them cover to cover, but I guess you think they will be enough to get a noob up to speed? Are there any other good reources for learning how to do j-body maintenance the right way? Any pitfalls I need to be aware of?

2002 cavalier 4 door, automatic with 2200 SFI motor, custom carputer installed.
Friday, May 27, 2011 1:01 PM
It helped me a lot when I was a noob...gives you all the info you need for most jobs, torque specs, etc......This site is the next best resource...Come here and ask any questions you may have....But, do a "search" first and it should provide the quickest results, since most have already posted threads on the most common topics..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search