New z24 vert. few ?s - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New z24 vert. few ?s
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 12:20 PM
Picked up a 99 z24 convertible for the gf last week for a steal. Seller thought it had a broken roof, got it home and found the "emergency override" switch in the trunk was turned on. Flicked that off and no problems, roof works perfectly.

There's a few other issues i need to fix up though. The driver's side window, if rolled down past 75% it falls down into the door and then stutters on the way back up. You have to manually pull on the glass while pushing the switch to get it to roll back up. I'm guessing it's an issue with the window regulator but i keep seeing that the part no. is different between coupes & convertibles for a new window regulator. Is this true? How much of a pita is this replacement to DIY? The passenger side seems to be going as well, the window drops down into the door once its beyond 75% down, but that one will still come all the way back up under its own power.

2nd issue is the door lock buttons, they work fine to unlock, but neither side will lock the doors. Could it just be a coincidence that both switches broke the same way so they only unlock the car? Seems odd to me, anyone have a similar problem?

Other than that though ive found an answer to the other issues (cracked dash pad, etc.) using this forum.

Re: New z24 vert. few ?s
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 4:08 PM
no idea on your problems .. but just want to welcome another 99 z droptop!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 4:31 PM
the clock spring in the regulator may have popped off, there are alot of parts inside the door and yes the regulator is different for the convertibles. There is a sticky about the convertible service manual in the third generation forum. It is invaluable and will tell you everything about those windows.

Congrats on the find, welcome, i have a 98 vert.

Sig'less since '02!
Wednesday, June 01, 2011 5:14 AM
azncav wrote:no idea on your problems .. but just want to welcome another 99 z droptop!

what lip/side skirt kit is that in your sig pic, looks good
Wednesday, June 01, 2011 5:14 AM
redbeansandrice wrote:the clock spring in the regulator may have popped off, there are alot of parts inside the door and yes the regulator is different for the convertibles. There is a sticky about the convertible service manual in the third generation forum. It is invaluable and will tell you everything about those windows.

Congrats on the find, welcome, i have a 98 vert.

cool thanks. I was just looking for a place to "start" when i pull the door open this weekend. Clock springs it is.
I'll have to look for the service manual. thanks for the tip.
Wednesday, June 01, 2011 4:05 PM
wings west front and rear lip.. rk sport sides

Thursday, June 02, 2011 7:09 PM
Sounds like the door track is bent sir.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search