First Post On JBO Showing My Car - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
First Post On JBO Showing My Car
Thursday, June 02, 2011 2:04 AM
Hey everyone , i have been on j-body.org for around 6 months or more now , but have not post any pictures of my car reason being . I need to buy a decent camera but
for right now i used my 50 dollars LG Phone so the quality of the picture's are going to be really bad . The Car is A 2003 Cavalier Base With No Feature's and has only 56,000 Original Kilometer's

This Is What it Looked Like With The Commando Spoiler , Just so people Don't say anything yes the Wing was not fully on. Picture was taken when i was replacing the Commando Wing with the stock 03 spoiler
I am just interested to know what do you guys like better with or without the Commando Wing ???

Things That will be done in the next Month

Put On The 18" MSR 044 Rims In Hyper Silver
Lower it On Eibach Pro Kit And KYB AGX
GM Xtreme Tuner Front
Evo 5 Side Skirts
99 Toyota Tail Lights

Re: First Post On JBO Showing My Car
Thursday, June 02, 2011 2:35 AM
Looks like a good start and an identical start to where mine was when i first bought it.... 100% base model with the razzi kit which also got changed out for the extreme tuner kit lol.

Im sure people wont like the window visors. to each their own. It does look like a good clean start. You could if you were up to the challenge, pull the side mouldings off the car to clean up the sides some more, gives them a nice clean smooth appearance. And also look into color matching the outer parts of the mirrors and door handles if you want.

Overall good start!

Thursday, June 02, 2011 3:58 AM
Thanks For The Feedback , Yah i know people will tell me to take the windows visors off, but I actually use them alot being a smoker and all. But your 100% right those side moldings need to come off , and i need to get the mirrors painted, Are the mirrors hard to take off ??, but as for the the door handle's I Can't recall seeing that done
on any Cavalier, but hey i think it would look good. Anyways thanks for the feedback BuiltNBoosted, I looked at some of your old post's and your right your car actually looked a lot like mine does right now, But what a transformation on your Cavalier , I have to say its in my top 3 favorite cars on j-body.org , thanks dude
Thursday, June 02, 2011 4:39 AM
i typically wouldn't say this but i actually really like the wing on your car. car looks super clean. and i like the visor's, but i'm biased

don't take the mirrors off, just paint them on the car and mask the car off when you do it, same with the door handles.

Thursday, June 02, 2011 5:29 AM
You know that's weird you say that about the Wing , Cause everyone i asked that's exactly what they say , that normally they do not like big wing's but they say for some reason it just goes well with the whole set up and razzi kit and that i should keep it on , anyways Me not liking it that much i took it off and put the stock
03 wing back on and personally i think it look's more cleaner with the original wing on rather than the Commando , And blucavvy Thanks for the positive feedback , I will just leave the mirror's on and just mask them off , But i am not sure if i should paint the door handle's can't decide if i want to paint them or not ,
Thursday, June 02, 2011 6:25 AM
welcome to the org.

Sig thanks to bxmobkrazey on gmscf.com
Thursday, June 02, 2011 1:38 PM
blucavvy wrote:

don't take the mirrors off, just paint them on the car and mask the car off when you do it, same with the door handles.

no, take them off.... its WAY easier, less chance of overspray, easier to get all the angles you want to spray evenly. it takes 5 minutes to do, so why not just do it right?

open door, remove screw holding mirror trim piece on.
remove 3 nuts (13mm i think) holding the mirror on,
remove mirror.
done.

handles are a bit harder to do since you are trying to cover all the angles of it on the car but it can be done.

Thursday, June 02, 2011 3:41 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
blucavvy wrote:

no, take them off.... its WAY easier, less chance of overspray, easier to get all the angles you want to spray evenly. it takes 5 minutes to do, so why not just do it right?

open door, remove screw holding mirror trim piece on.
remove 3 nuts (13mm i think) holding the mirror on,
remove mirror.
done.

handles are a bit harder to do since you are trying to cover all the angles of it on the car but it can be done.

to each his own. i had no overspray on my car anywhere when i did mine, i did the mirrors and handles at the same time. takes 2 mins to tape it off, so how is that not doing it right? it's not like your'e painting the whole car and you didn't paint the engine bay and door jambs or something.

i can see how you'd want to take them off, i just didn't. and i don't see how you can say that that's just wrong? lol

Thursday, June 02, 2011 7:11 PM
you can tape the whole side of the car off in 2 minutes? video or im calling BS.

you can get way better angles on it, while its off the car, you arent wasting time taping off both sides of the car for overspray protection, easier to sand while its off the car, just all around easier and better to do off the car.

your way worked for you and thats fine, but i know when mine were done, was smoother and easier to take them off and prep and paint them rather then fight them on the car.

Thursday, June 02, 2011 9:20 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:you can tape the whole side of the car off in 2 minutes? video or im calling BS.

you can get way better angles on it, while its off the car, you arent wasting time taping off both sides of the car for overspray protection, easier to sand while its off the car, just all around easier and better to do off the car.

your way worked for you and thats fine, but i know when mine were done, was smoother and easier to take them off and prep and paint them rather then fight them on the car.

ok you caught me, it was 2 minutes and 43 seconds.......

like you said, to each his own.

Thursday, June 02, 2011 10:46 PM
your crappy phone takes really good pics, rivals my $99 Nikon Cool Pix L22, But i dont use at its full 12mgpxl setting, i like the window visors i call them "Rain Deflectors" i just orderd a pair for my S10, i like the stock spoiler better but im not a big fan of aftermarket body parts to begin so im a bit biased myself, anyway looks nice.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search