Battery n cluster issues - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Battery n cluster issues
Friday, June 10, 2011 6:37 AM
Hello I have a 2002 Cavalier base model with the 2.2 Liter engine approximately 65,000 miles. My battery was failing after approximately 5 years (pretty normal) so I replaced the battery and when I did I started my vehicle and the only lights that came on were the Check engine and theft light, but after the vehicle ran they both went away (normal). My tachometer, speedometer, temperature gauge or my fuel gauge are working. Also not working is my digital odometer... I have tried several Suggested remedies: 1. tried unhooking the battery to reset the system 2. Cleaned all battery terminals 3. Checked every single fuse located inside the vehicle and outside the vehicle under the hood. 4. Tried resetiing the cluster fuse, Bcm cluster fuse, and just the bcm, (Also tried replacing them. 5. I have unhooked the 3rd Brown connector on the BCM and rehooked it (As I have read that is the connector that controls your radio and gauge cluster) 6. I have taken the dash off of the vehicle and "WIGGLE TESTED" all wires to the instrument cluster, unhooked and rehooked them but still cant get the needles to so much as jump. 7. I have taken a volt meter and I am getting power to the bcm/bcm cluster/cluster fuse inside the fuse box. I do not know what the readings are supposed to be in the different connectors... Such as the gauge cluster has a 12 pin connector and I dont know which one controls the gauges? I dont even know the color of the wire!!!!! Could someone please shed some light on the situation it has been driving me absolutely crazy! There has to be one wire or maybe a couple wires that control the seperate gauges but I dont understand how all the bulbs are good... the lights work... the turning signals work. Also the running lights on the vehicle are now not working I have read somewhere that they are connected but SOMEONE please HELP!!!!!! thank you for your time and I have tried reading up and doing as much as I can but at this point I am completely stuck!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search