seperating engine from tranny trouble - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
seperating engine from tranny trouble
Friday, July 15, 2011 12:57 PM
Ok so I've taken out 9 bolts between engine and tranny taken out the torque converter bolts. Shaken the hell outta the engine and cannot get it to seperate. Is there a step that I'm missing? I've never woned a j-body before, I've searched around and cant find the info or a like issue.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc412/CB7driver/f22anobra-1.gif?t=1310760077

Re: seperating engine from tranny trouble
Friday, July 15, 2011 1:14 PM
Bigger hammer.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Friday, July 15, 2011 4:53 PM
Thats kinda what I was thinking, ya know i though that there was a reason I bought a 22lbs sledge hammer!!!! Now i get to use it. Thank you harbor freight!!!!

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc412/CB7driver/f22anobra-1.gif?t=1310760077
Friday, July 15, 2011 4:58 PM
yeah sometimes it takes a good WACK! to get them apart.
Friday, July 15, 2011 4:59 PM
or you missed a bolt, check it carefully before you start blowing aluminum apart with a sledge

Friday, July 15, 2011 6:29 PM
SLOCAV wrote:or you missed a bolt, check it carefully before you start blowing aluminum apart with a sledge

Awwwwwww... what fun is that?

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Friday, July 15, 2011 6:32 PM
double and triple check you got everything out. there HAS to be a bolt still in someplace. I've only ever worked on manuals, but once the bolts are out, seperating the two is cake.

did you take the trans mounts out OR the engine mounts? one of them needs to be free in order to seperate from the other.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search