NOT STARTING - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
NOT STARTING
Thursday, July 28, 2011 1:06 PM
TYPICAL NAME FOR A HEAD LINE RIGHT HERE IS WHATS GOING ON FUEL PUMP IS TURNING IN CHECKING IF ITS SENDING FUEL TOMMARROW WHEN I START PROBLEM SHOOTING IT IS TRYING TO TURN OVER ANY IDEAS WHAT IT COULD BE ANY HELP WOULD BE OF GREAT ASSISTANCE IM STATIONED IN GERMANY AND BOUGHT THIS CAR AS A PROJECT TO EVENTUALLY L67 SWAP IT WHEN I GET BACK TO THE STATES AGAIN PROBLEM IS FUEL PUMP IS TURNING ON AND ITS TRYING TO START ITS TURNING OVER BUT NOT ACTUALLY STARTING HELPP PLEASE

Re: NOT STARTING
Saturday, July 30, 2011 3:30 AM
Im going to tell you right now..... 50-75% of the people that open this post... won't even read it because it's ALL IN CAPS.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Saturday, July 30, 2011 5:39 AM
we need some more info such as, year, make , model would help. also has the car sat with a dead batt for a long while. if so the passlock security system may need reset. even a batteray with below par cranking amps due to weather and age will stop it example our last batt had 650 amps when tested was only giving 302amps, theere for the radio n such worked but the starter would not turn AT ALLL. but just some pointers but we need moreinfo like stated.

Saturday, July 30, 2011 6:17 AM
I would fully charge the battery or replace it, check the firing order of the spark plug wires and the wires themselves, check the plugs, change the fuel filter, reset the passlock, put fresh fuel in the tank. That would be my first course of action.

Let us know what solves it. Good luck.

--------------------------
NCR-SCCA
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search