Replacing Pins & Bushing in Hinges in Driver's Door - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Replacing Pins & Bushing in Hinges in Driver's Door
Saturday, August 06, 2011 3:17 PM
Hi All! New to the forum, but have lurked here many, many times to fix others Cavaliers. Having searched again and again and again AND again, with many different terms, I cannot find how to replace the pins and bushings in the driver's door hinges. What I have in hand as replacements, look nothing like what is currently in the door. Do you take the door off the body, and then grind the swedged out factory ends off the pins , with the hinges still on the door? OR do you take the door off the body, leaving the hinges on the body and work on the pins there? Trying to get enough room to get the grinder and cutting wheels to the pins with the doors on the body, does not work, NOT enough room. Also trying to minimize screwing up the door alignment, as already have enough to fix, with the damage done by the severely sagging door to latch, end of door and latch pin. This is on a new-to-me 1998 2dr Cavalier, with 71,000 actual miles (Yes, this was a real Grandma's car, they left all the service paperwork in the glove box that proves it!) (and it has way BETTER MPG than my old 2005 Cavalier base 4dr 2.2L Ecotec 4spd auto, AC,PS)

1998 Cavalier 2dr base, 2200, 3spd auto, AC,PS,PB

Re: Replacing Pins & Bushing in Hinges in Driver's Door
Saturday, August 06, 2011 3:36 PM
on my 96, there are no hinge pins to replace. nor is there an easy way to remove the door, as it's riveted in place.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search