Want to make my friend cry - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Want to make my friend cry
Wednesday, August 24, 2011 9:45 PM
OK!!!!! i need pointers, tips, and anything that will help me make my car faster for lowish $$$ i have a 2001 Pontiac sunfire SE coupe and my friend keeps say only Fags and girls drive this car...he drives a pontiac grand prix GTP stock and he thinks its bad ass and so i need things to help me shut him up...open for pre much anything engine mods, engine swaps, superchargers anything will do thanx much

Re: Want to make my friend cry
Wednesday, August 24, 2011 10:01 PM
gtp? so he's starting out with a supercharged 3.8 v6... and you have a sunfire SE (i'm assuming with 2200 and 4 speed...)

you'll need boost and a build to keep up with him. do you have $6k to drop on your car right now?

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Wednesday, August 24, 2011 10:20 PM
game over from the start lol.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 11:03 PM
azncav wrote:game over from the start lol.

Seriously.

There is no cheap way to beat him. So just chalk it up as a loss and move on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, August 25, 2011 10:39 AM

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Thursday, August 25, 2011 1:39 AM
there is one mod you can do for free:

strip the entire unibody off of the car and get your power to weight ratio greater than his... although, on the down side, you might not want to drive what's left of the car anymore.

Friday, August 26, 2011 6:08 AM
Quote:

Birthday: August 2, 1992

This explains alot.

Dude seriously, drive the car and appreciate the 30 mpg, before you go and hurt yourself

Friday, August 26, 2011 6:21 AM
Open to anything to make him shut up and cry? Drain his oil and fill the engine with sand, that will do it.

Sunday, August 28, 2011 1:30 PM
A stock GTP runs 260 hp and 280 ft·lbf of torque. You won't beat that without some major cash.
Sunday, August 28, 2011 1:51 PM
Sack tap him, it's about your only shot at making him cry.

You're not doing anything except losing to him without much more money than you're thinking. Not in a j anyway.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Sunday, August 28, 2011 1:52 PM
lol awesomesauce

Monday, August 29, 2011 3:52 PM
i have 10k to put into this car...a little more help than its a loss would be nice...i just didnt want to spend it all but i will if i have to

Monday, August 29, 2011 4:06 PM
for 10k you can get a NICE gtp and have money left over...

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Monday, August 29, 2011 4:19 PM
There will only be one person crying in the end....and it wont be your GTP friend

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Monday, August 29, 2011 5:02 PM
Your performance chip should do it... run him... make sure you talk a lot of crap and aim for the solid part of the pole...

Seriously... 10k? Hah... Even if you had it I doubt you have the slightest bit of knowledge or ability to use it properly to get where you want to be.

In other news... swap a getrag and 3800SC into it... then your friend can really call you his bitch...

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Monday, August 29, 2011 5:43 PM
i agree with what everyone says but seriously in this situation your going to have to fight boost with boost. OR if you just wanna beat him once spray a big ole shot of nitrous I'm not promising your car will run much longer.

If you really have 10K to put into it, you could not just beat him, you could stomp him if you put it into your car, but you could buy a nicer car with 10,000 dollars that would beat his.
Monday, August 29, 2011 6:13 PM
Send me the 10k so I can finish piecing together my turbo setup, tune it and come down, then you'll friend will be crying.

Monday, August 29, 2011 6:28 PM
My moneys still on the sc 3800. Unless ur getting Ryan to tune ur turbo 2.2 that you likely will not understand how to piece together anyways

Saturday, September 03, 2011 1:35 PM
Hell, for 10K you can buy a nice GTP, 3.4 pulley and supporting mods it, smoke his ass, then laugh as you drive away in the sunfire getting double his GTPs gas mileage lol (Not really double, but you know what I mean)

In reality though....why dump 10K into a sunfire to beat the GTP? In the end he has the last laugh anyway, yea, you might beat him, but look at all the money you dumped into the car to do so....

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
Sunday, September 04, 2011 10:36 PM
cody allison wrote:you could buy a nicer car with 10,000 dollars that would beat his.

THIS!
Monday, September 05, 2011 9:09 PM
Its really pointless to put that much money into a sunfire just to beat your friend, if your truely into building up your car, start with light mods and work your way up. Going full bore on your car right away is plain stupid. I get that you want to beat a GTP with your fire but its really not worth it. If you really want to go fast and piss your friend off, buy a 03-04 Cummins with a 6 speed, put on an intake & exhaust with a chip and they will never touch you. Getting beat by a truck is about the best way to make em mad.
Sunday, September 18, 2011 8:18 PM
its not about making your car faster than your friends, well not all the time, its more about making your car faster than stock, kinda like its gay to make a fast car super fast, buts is awesome to make a super slow car fast, make your car faster than what it used to be for now

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 11:19 AM
I think it should be more then just making it fast. Make it an all around better driving machine. Having something that is fun is great.
Tuesday, September 20, 2011 11:28 AM
Nos!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 12:19 PM
Put on a 75 shot and run him, granted you will probably be as fast as a lightly modded ecotec car but hell, I beat gtp's all day when I was n/a.

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq
Tuesday, September 20, 2011 12:30 PM
take your 10k, buy a nice suit. rightous pair of sunglasses. get all decked to the hilt. take his girl out to a fancy night on the town. then text him pictures of you railing her hardcore. <<<<------------ that should surely make him cry.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search