projectcavyt - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
projectcavyt
Thursday, August 25, 2011 2:05 PM
Hello fellow forum followers.(sorry) Quick intro. My name is Chris. Im 40 and live in the grand town of Idaho Falls, Idaho. lol. Im a drummer in a local band, and buy and sell fast cars and tall trucks for money. Oh, and build big ass gaming computers for fun. Nice to meet cha all!
Any ways, I come to you guys, and gals for a bit of help. On a whim for a quick buy and sell I bought an 01 z-24.Its in nice shape outside. Dark blue, tinted windows, body kit, glass hood. big ass intercooler in the bumper.Turbo kit, exhaust, strut tower brace.Long story shortthe car was the victem of a hate crime.back window broken. bov, battery, 1 wheel gone, and every underhood sensor and harnes cut. i belive the dammage in in the engine harness only.And the coilpack plate(cover) critter is not there. I get into the trunk and there are a few different seald gasket kits in in. I been in the background for a while while reading the posts here about the headgaskets and oil pump issues. My origional thought was buy it, dump and inspect oil and filter, and comperssion test. Am i headed in the right direction? This is how i would deal with the mustang, just not too familliar with the 2.4 ....yet...lol. I have been buildin HP cars for a while, personal ride is a 300hp 89 vert stang with TC thunderbird drivetrain...lol.

I will have many questions about this little project, and will put them in the right places.
Just wanted to say HI
P.S. I do have pics on my camera, cant find my damm card reader...lmao

Re: projectcavyt
Friday, August 26, 2011 8:43 AM
Sounds like a good start. I would personally hit a junk yard and pull the harness from another car. There is a block right between the ABS and frame rail. Loosen the little bolt and it pulls apart. Unplug the old and install the new 1 sensor at a time if need be to make sure you get everything in the right spot.

The IDI cover (coilpack plate(cover) critter ) can also be picked up at a junk yard for a fairly reasonable price.

My biggest concern would be why there are packages of gaskets in the trunk. Is the motor blown and they were collecting parts for rebuild maybe?

Definitely post pictures, sounds like a decent car.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Friday, August 26, 2011 10:12 AM
Hey there. Yup, figured i would just replace the harness. the only way i would build one would be for megasquirt...lol. Thanks for the tips. Yeh, im a bit concerned about the gaskets in the trunk. I seem to have myself convinced that its only a head gasket. LOL. The car should be here sunday, and i will be able to tear into it tuesday or wensday. If i am going into it as deep as the head gasket, is there anything else i should be aware of? this being a N/A motor with a turbo? My biggest concern was this car built on the cheeeeep, or was it done right? Anything i should look for to help me determine this? Thanks for the help, and love the sig. reminds me of my stang at 15 PSI. lmao. catch can FTW!
Monday, October 10, 2011 6:47 AM
So judging from the old thread, this car is being parted out. Whats the condition of the turbo and manifold?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search