here for some info, and get the car running (01 cavi) - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
here for some info, and get the car running (01 cavi)
Thursday, September 01, 2011 8:02 AM
ok i traded my 95 taurus wagon (that i thought had a rod knocking in it just a broken fly wheel supposedly) for this 01 cavi. its a 4 cyl. auto. i originally got the car just to strip and crush what was left. the guy i got it off of said that it just died one day and the motor turned over easily. there for to him the chain was broke.. long story short here, i took off the dangling alt and had it tested on a hunch and sure enough i was shot. pulled the valve cover off and cranked the motor and all valves move just fine. i couldnt get it to fire, just turn over. i just got a few thing back together that were moved and taken off, but i'm not where some things go, and if i am missing stuff
here is the car:

i could use some pics of STOCK 02 engine bay if possible

Re: here for some info, and get the car running (01 cavi)
Thursday, September 01, 2011 11:27 PM
fire order correct? check fuses?

Friday, September 02, 2011 1:19 AM
Well, post a couple of pictures for us of the engine bay and what you think you might be missing.

Saturday, September 03, 2011 6:26 AM
ok i dont have any clear shots right now. as far as i know it loks like ia m missing a hose coming off the over flow tank that goes over to a runner(see the open port behind the alt?) on the motor

and pretty sure this is the cruise, but where it bolts to is questionable

if im missing other stuff, im not sure

but i didnt think to look at the firing order. after the car not starting my first look went to the coil packs, so i may pull those and check them at work
Sunday, September 04, 2011 4:59 PM
Okay, Here ya go. Hope this helps.

Your firing order

your coolant lines and where they hook up

and last but not least... your cruise control actuator bolts right here where the arrow points.

Monday, September 05, 2011 6:40 AM
ok thank you sir. coil packs and ign module is good! looks like firing order is in correct order. now we did a quick compression test, and it seams like the first two are sharing with each other. my mechanic who is a good friend says it could be because the head gasket might be blown between those two cyls. i trust my mechanic, but once in a while i will double check things if they sound weird to me
Tuesday, September 06, 2011 10:45 PM
It does sound like a blown head gasket to me. It is easy to replace... as long as you have a torque wrench.

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 4:42 PM

Here is a late update, lol. I re-read your post and found I missed something if you did not figure it out already.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search