Kinda of a Newbie - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Kinda of a Newbie
Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:25 AM
Ok where to begin? I have a 2002 Cavy ls sport that I bought brand new in mar of 2002 from Rolla MO. I bought the cavalier cause I was wanting to get in the sport compact scene and out of the mini truck scene since I had built to s-10's. I was looking at hondas, acuras, fords and dodges, and when looking at them the ecotec cavalier had more tq and hp then most and was a lot cheaper then most. The Srt4 was not out yet the SVt focus was expensive and so was the integra's. If I would have know that they were going to come out with the cobalt ss a couples of years down the road I would have bought a used cavy and waited for the ss. Anyways the first thing I did a week after I bought it was tint the windows, then about a month or two later dropped it on coil overs. I took it to the track bone stock with just it being lowered and the first run I ran a 16.0 not bad for the first time ever at the track with this car. I was entered in the Super Chevy show at Richmond Va and was going to run there FWD class but only three cars entered and they put me in the bracket 1 class. So I test and tuned all night and with my stock cavy with coil overs the best I did was 15.5. I was in wow when I hit that. Thinking I have a freak. The next day we were running for the money and I dialed in a 15.5 since that was the fastest I ran and was consistently running 15.6. I was up against a s-10 that was dialed in a 9.90 so I left first got to the finish line first and his light went off???? Get my time slip and I run a 15.4. Not to bad with my stock cavalier. So I wanted to go faster and ecotec's were pretty much brand new and not a lot of aftermarket parts for it. So I went out bought a zex nitrous kit and put a 50 shot on it. ran it and it ran a 14.8 with a 1.9 60 foot. Not bad but wanted to go faster. So i put a 75 and couldn't tell a difference on the street and quickly took it out and put a 100 shoot to it. Ran it for about 6 months and never took it to the track Then one night I was street racing in Va Beach and was running My friends cobra that has been running 12.90's all day. Needless to say I lost but only lost by a fender. So I went back home that night and up the shoot to the max I had 125. Went back that next night ran the same car and beat him by a door and then let out of the gas and then it went. My car was down for about 2 months and chevy put in a new motor and has not been raced since. My car now currently has 205k on it, it is still lowered but took the coil overs off and put sport lines on it, it also has a B&M short throw shifter ffand that about it. My plans this winter is to buy a HANN turbo kit for it and try to keep it as much stock looking as I can. Sorry for the long post.

Re: Kinda of a Newbie
Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:27 AM

Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:36 AM
welcome to the org.

Sig thanks to bxmobkrazey on gmscf.com
Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:28 AM
Welcome
Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:48 AM
Welcome to the org, gonna give you heads up on this though...

Street racing bad, track racing good. What you do in your time is your own thing, but don't talk about street racing here.
Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:58 AM
Sorry for the street racing part but that is how I blew up my motor. I was big in to it when I was young but now having a family and three kids I dont even think of that any more. Any racing I do now is on the track or in the parking lot for an Auto-X event.
Sunday, September 18, 2011 7:43 PM
welcome to the org that sux ab the motor but welcome

MEAN & GREEN.
Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:49 PM
Well what can I say... An ecotec motor is not made for 125 shoot of N2O but I can say it ran well for half a year with it and about 15k miles
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search