Hid problem - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hid problem
Wednesday, November 02, 2011 8:14 PM
Hi,
I maybe should have posted this in audio & electronics, but since this is my first post...
So i have a 2004 pontiac sunfire, with a 2 headlight system (2 bulb for low,2 bulb for high).
I decided to buy a HID single beam kit for my low and keep the halogen for high.
The HID are quite bright but they dont light far enough during night so i switch to high beam for a while.
Until someone is coming, i switch back to the low beam (HID),
but the ballast is completely discharged, meaning it take a while for it to recharge.
so for a little while i cant see a thing ahead.
I was wondering what people have done in that situation, or if it would be possible to get bi-xenon at the high beam?

Re: Hid problem
Wednesday, November 02, 2011 8:19 PM
first off, are you using HIDs in stock headlight housings? if so, shame on you.
secondly, there is no way around this as the ballast must first strike the arc in the bulb, then it drops voltage, and slowly brings it back up to a level it maintains. nature of the beast my friend.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Thursday, November 03, 2011 6:17 PM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:first off, are you using HIDs in stock headlight housings? if so, shame on you.

No way in hell i'm gonna spend some retros on a sunfire.
Friday, November 04, 2011 10:38 AM
then you shouldn't be using HIDs. end of story.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Thursday, November 10, 2011 6:30 AM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:then you shouldn't be using HIDs. end of story.

X2

There also is a way using a relay to keep your low beams on when running your high beams, Im not going to explain it cause I dont know the wiring off the top of my head, plus I have a 2 lamp system, you have a 4 lamp system, but Im sure someone has down it, I did it on my truck so when I go offroading, I have all the light I can get. The wifes Mazda 3 has it that way stock, its a nice feature to have.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search