my 2.3 keeps blowing oil filter seal ? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my 2.3 keeps blowing oil filter seal ?
Thursday, November 10, 2011 4:03 PM
my 2.3 started knocking and so i bought a rebuild kit and rebuilt and it ran find the first 5 hours then when i started this morning it ran for about 7 seconds and died when i got out and look under it it is leaking oil out the oil filter seal i've tried 2 new ones and it does the samething anybody know why or what would cause it?

BOOGEYMAN

Re: my 2.3 keeps blowing oil filter seal ?
Thursday, November 10, 2011 4:07 PM
Did you check to make sure an old rubber seal is not stuck in the oil filter opening? Just my 0.2 cents. I don't know what else could be causing it other than high oil pressure for some reason...

Thursday, November 10, 2011 4:09 PM
i could understand ONE oil filter seal failing......but not 2..and especially not 2 in a row. that engine makes no where near enough pressure to brake that filter once its screwed on tight. Pretty sure you got an old seal stuck to the block...or something else is leaking.
i demand pictures of said busted seals

Thursday, November 10, 2011 4:24 PM
yeah it dont have the old seal on it it starts then pegs out 100psi oil pressure then dies as soon as it breaks the oil filter seal

BOOGEYMAN
Friday, November 11, 2011 7:03 AM
100psi? sh*t... Got any pictures of the topside of your motor?

Friday, November 11, 2011 7:12 AM
well... to keep it short and simple... you have a blockage somewhere in your block. Something loose that got stuck somewhere when you turned it off... That seems to be the only conclusion I can come up with.

Friday, November 11, 2011 7:20 AM
relief valve sticking is the best answer. Just replace your oil pump. Then it might be my answer above. lol

Saturday, November 12, 2011 5:52 AM
you was right it was the relief valve stuck

BOOGEYMAN
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search