hey guys name`s ben - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hey guys name`s ben
Tuesday, January 17, 2012 10:24 PM
like said before my names benjamin, so a little about my self, i went to school for mechanics, love GM product line, use to drive a 1998 gmc saffari it was awsome, now driving a 2002 chev cavalier with 2.2 sfi ohv unfortunately auto but hey i got the car at 32000 and its only got 55000 now in the half year i have had it. yea lot f driving i know. went to school for mechanincs was in the trade for 2 years and going back for diesel, racing and working on cars is just about my life in a nut shell. i`m heavily interest into tunning and modifing but i believe the right aproch is to learn all i can first, having said that its obvious i switched out my regular aspitory air filter to a high flow k and n but i dont feel like being a ricer, i want to know everything i can and get a real feel for modifing and creating that raw horsepower i thirst so much for and unlike most people i met i am man enough to call my self a newbie and ask probably the most newbiest stuff you`ve ever herd,

ex: when i first started my course i asked my teacher during flaring class if it was possible to mix a bubble flare with a double, i got rediculously laughed at and so the nick name was doublebuble for a while then bubles just kinda stuck XD. in the end, perhaps to a fault i ended up making that double buble flare and it actually held up to 150 psi before it leaked out (DOT3 brake fluid), mind you i wouldnt suggest in any form since it took me about 15 tries to make one all for my own wish to appeal for the stupid question to begin with. for those that ask imagin a buble flare and the take a third of it flaring back in. of course teacher was a dick and said no thats only a buble single flare but to this day he was the best teacher i had so i owe him that respect.

but regardless i will learn before i do my own work, ask the stupid questions so nothing is left to chance, the importance isnt in the balls but the will do make sure its done right the first time no matter the cost (of course i got a budget but you know what i mean). this is gonna sound crazy but to me cars are just as normal people are, thats both my detication and my belief. i will always believe its better to ask than have a false hood of pride, i know it will take me time but i want to be nothing more than succesful in my exploits, i hope to learn from you all, hore stories and succesful ones too. even down to details XD.

and if anyone has done whatever mods to those that have or had a GM 2200 sfi from wichever generation i`d like to hear your stories aswell because of me currently using tis engine model. i want my Rinoa to be the best glorious sleeper that my town has ever seen, yes i`ve named my car and shes the best girlfriend ive ever had, just dont tell me real one tha tXD. she already gets jelous as it is but thus is life XD. anyway me signing off.

Ben

Re: hey guys name`s ben
Thursday, January 19, 2012 10:36 AM
im sorry, but theres already a Ben on this site so youll have to change your name or youll be banned.

but beyond that this site is great for info. if its not on here already i'd be surprised, but ask any questions you need and most likely someone will know the answer. the only caveat to that is you should search search SEARCH before you ask or youll be flamed to death. good luck and welcome
btw..you dont really need to change your name

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search