Newb here from upstate new york - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Newb here from upstate new york
Saturday, January 21, 2012 3:41 PM
im assuming introductions are like all other forums
name:Robert
Car: 2003 Olds Alero GX
Miles: 125K (body) 100k(engine)
2.2l ecotec L61 with getrag f23 transmission.

basically just getting into the american engine scene. ive been a import guy for the past 3 years.
i sold my integra for this car just as proof. its a four door, that needs a little work. Needed it for my baby girl thats on the way (bought a simpson racing car seat and it did NOT fit in the integra.)
There is nothing done to this car yet. And i dont really plan on going to crazy with it. maybe strut bars, and MAYBE lowering it and putting 16s on it. I do want to get the 2.2l m62 supercharger kit for it in the future because i dont want to have an average alero and i love the sound of a supercharger. And the car desperately needs interior detailing/cleaning.
other then that i think its going to remain looking basically the same. i doubt i will dig into the audio section because the factory set up seems okay for now. i may just grab a crappy sony headunit from walmart so i can listen to my Zune. but thats about it.

so if anyone has any suggestions im open to hearing them.

Re: Newb here from upstate new york
Saturday, January 21, 2012 4:12 PM
Welcome, born and raised in the ROC. Takes time and money to make it faster(check profile mods). Keep your eye on the classifieds for deals but start with cleaning the hell outta your car and a good tune up and fix all the little issues now.
Saturday, January 21, 2012 4:22 PM
that is the plan. Like i said i dont really want a fast car it just needs to be able to get out of its own way. any maybe school a honda or two. you know what its like around here 0_0 every kid with a honda thinks his vtec is the @!#$.
Sunday, January 22, 2012 11:11 AM
Oh honda kids... the M62 is dope, you'll get some decent torque. You can get a tune or gm reflash.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search