04 sunfire tail light problem... - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
04 sunfire tail light problem...
Monday, January 23, 2012 5:47 PM
Not a newb but thought id post this here to be on the safe side.

I did a search but couldn't come up with anything similar to my issue...
My 04 sunfires parking lights will not work blinkers and breaks still work and figured out the fuse was popping so replaced the fuse and turned on the lights and about a minute and a half the fuse popped again. I'm really wondering if anyone has ever had this problem before. I'm going to take out all bulbs on that circuit and then put in a fuse and one by one put back in bulbs until i find the one that keeps blowing the fuse that's what me and ecoclean have come up with for diagnostics, If anyone else has a suggestion please let me know.
Just a side note I don't have a rear bumper on it right now and the wife took it to get washed like 3 days ago so im guessing there is water in one of the connections thats shorting it but so far i have the two rear bumper lights and one of the front turn signals out and its still popping fuses that's just what I've done today didn't have much time to mess with it...

Thanks,
Teno

Re: 04 sunfire tail light problem...
Monday, January 23, 2012 5:59 PM
Sounds like water somewhere as well to me. I would pull the lights on the circuit and inspect the plugs and the housing they sit it. Use some dielectric grease and re assemble. If nothing else... you might have to pull out the multimeter and get to tracking down the problem.

Re: 04 sunfire tail light problem...
Monday, January 23, 2012 6:15 PM
Thanks for the suggestion I probably do both...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search