New Cav on the Block - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Cav on the Block
Thursday, January 12, 2012 9:18 AM
Alright guys so I'm really trying to hit the forum scene since I've gotta a @!#$ ton of help and good ideas from here. Here's a few pics of my pretty much stock '02 LS Sport. Basically looking for ideas on a budget.

new and old fogs (3K)

6K and 3K

Lemme know whatcha think.

Re: New Cav on the Block
Friday, January 13, 2012 9:36 AM
I would move the brackets on the front of the box to the rear, mount it good and you probably would need that top bracket and then it will be hidden. just looks kinda of tacky imo but atleast the box isn't flying around in your trunk. What are you looking for ideas for? What to do next? Whats your budget and goals? Do you want a show car or a performance car?

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Friday, January 13, 2012 9:44 AM
Lol yeah the sub mount looks @!#$ty but you cant really see it from standing outside of the car looking in the trunk. it was a temp fix to keep the box from rolling all over the place. But i'm looking for show, convenience, MPGs, and I'm on a college student's budget. I'm thinking short shifter, tinted windows, and rewrapping the headliner and door inserts next.
Monday, January 23, 2012 10:26 PM
Lower it, wheels and tint. I like the factory ls kit id leave it. Nice to see another pa member

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:31 AM
hack job just like your fogs.
Tuesday, January 24, 2012 3:35 PM
1.) Take sub out of box
2.) Drill a hole straight through the box and trunk floor. Be mindful of the gastank etc.
3.) Stick bolt through the top
4.) Nut and washer said bolt on the bottom
5.) Enjoy your stable and theft deterring sub box.

My advice as far as picking modifications. Its quality over quantity. $3000 in wheels and suspension will look nicer and earn you more respect than $3000 in wire loom, spray paint and stickers.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:22 PM
ShadyCav wrote:hack job just like your fogs.

i dont see anything hacked.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:14 PM
check out his poor man vid and get back to me.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search