Window Motor - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Window Motor
Saturday, February 04, 2012 12:50 PM
Hey, I'm new here. I've been poking around here for a little while and I have a question that I didn't see answered anywhere else.
I own a 2001 Sunfire GT. I bought it in December and I haven't had any issues with it. Despite my previous run ins with J-Bodys.

Anyway, the guy I bought it from told me that the passenger side window doesn't really work well. Sure enough when I test drove it I noticed issues. It went down fairly smoothly but it did not want to go up very well. Yesterday my girlfriend and I went for a drive and she put her window down about half way without thinking about what she was doing. I never thought of it at first either. When I got home I tried to put the window up and no dice. Eventually I got it up with some strategic tugging, pulling and playing with the button.

So now that you have some history here is my question. How much trouble is it to replace the motor? I've seen a few places online where I can order a replacement for about $60. Should I get a garage to do it or should I just say forget it and disconnect the switch?

Re: Window Motor
Sunday, February 05, 2012 7:21 PM
troubleshoot first as what you described sounds more like an issue with the switch/relay than the motor.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search