98 Cavy is dying (need help) - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
98 Cavy is dying (need help)
Wednesday, February 01, 2012 9:10 AM
2.2 auto, 180km, was cruising on the 401 at 120ish and it started chugging...thats the best word I can use to describe it. It was like someone pinched a fuel line...just a momentary cut and then right back to smooth cruising. Happened about 5 times in 5 mins and then went away. Drove home without incident. On the way to work this morning, again at 120ish on the 401 it happened again....but worse. Now it chuggs like 3,4,5 times in a row and feels like its about to shutdown. I eased off the gas and everything looked and sounded normal. Happened about every 20 seconds for about 5 mins before it stopped...got to work without incident.

Whatever is failing is going to completely fail soon....I'm thinking fuel pump...but not really sure. Any and all suggestions on trouble-shooting this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Re: 98 Cavy is dying (need help)
Thursday, February 02, 2012 12:52 AM
If your refering to 120ish as your miles per hour I believe they cut out at 115mph maybe less. If such is the case your hitting the rev/speed limiter. Slow down before you kill yourself or an innocent person around you.

Thursday, February 02, 2012 4:23 PM
Lol I'm pretty sure that's 120 km/hr. As for your problem, I'd replace the fuel filter first since it's a lot easier to do than the fuel pump

Monday, February 06, 2012 6:26 AM
^^^^^ 120 km/h...I thought I posted in the Ontario Region...whatever... Got the problem fixed, it was moisture in the ignition which was further exacerbated by the crazy temperature swings we've been having. Sprayed down the cap, wires and plugs and were all good now.
Wednesday, February 08, 2012 3:22 PM
By cap you mean coils I hope. No distributors on these fine fine cars.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search