Introduction - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Introduction
Monday, February 20, 2012 11:19 AM
New to the forum, just wanted to introduce myself. 24 years old currently residing in Miami, FL. I have a silver 2004 Cavalier sport (5-speed). I haven't had money to do much work on it, and when I do save money in order to get something cool for it, a problem always arises that needs fixing so my money has been spent in the past on keeping it drivable. I removed all the emblems, stickers, and side moldings from the car. I blacked out my taillights, and installed HIDs. My back 3 windows were tinted when I purchased the car as well as a strip on the windshield. That's about it for the exterior. For the interior I installed a sony headunit that uses USB storage for music and all that. I changed out the factory shift knob and shifter boot, as well as cut a few inches off the shifter to make it shorter. Other than those few things the car is stock.

I replaced the ICM and coil pack about a year ago, and just installed a new fuel pump and filter a few weeks back. I plan on getting the front windows tinted and installing more audio stuff in it (front component sets, better rear speakers, a sub, amps, touch screen molded into the dash, and a computer for music, movies, navigation, internet, etc). I also want to work on the engine to give the car a little more pep in its step, and lower it a little bit. This of course all takes money which I don't have at the moment, but one day!

Re: Introduction
Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:33 PM
Nice clean car.
I, myself, am kind of a purist and prefer stock to mods but it's yours and you do what you want. It doesn't sound like you want to go
overboard, just some nice tasteful changes.
Must be nice to not deal with midwest winters and have your car rust before its time.
Take care of it and it will take care of you. I have a 96 Cav and an 02 Sunfire, both have over 160,000 and still going strong.
Re: Introduction
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:04 PM
Yeah I've never been a huge fan of wild exteriors or anything so I plan on keeping it pretty stock. The interior I also want to keep pretty low-key (except for the touch screen I want to add, but that I plan on molding into the dash to give it a factory-like finish). Glad to hear yours are going strong. Mine has about 130k on it, and I'm hoping to keep it for as long as possible. Yes, I definitely don't miss the aging that all the snow salt and saltwater did to my previous cars in NJ.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search