N/A Intake questions - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
N/A Intake questions
Sunday, February 26, 2012 2:29 PM
I have a 2.2 ecotec, bone stock, but now that it's all paid for, I want to start working on some performance. I noticed that Intake Manifolds for 2.2 ecotecs are extremely limitied, but I want to keep it naturally aspirated. Is it possible to use an intake like this one and just relocate the throttle body and intake?
http://www.turbotechracing.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=5340&idcategory=490

Re: N/A Intake questions
Monday, February 27, 2012 9:53 AM
well anything is possible if you iknow how to do it but you should be able to but you might have to run throttle cables and hoses and wires
Monday, February 27, 2012 10:07 AM
That intake manifold if built toward forced induction applications. I would go with a crate engine depot kit, but I'm not sure if they still offer it.

You want a 2.4L LE5 intake manifold, and then the adapter to make it work with your cable driven Throttle body. Also, in the GM build book the stock L61 2.2l intake manifold doesn't hurt airflow to something like 275whp.

I would get a good header, high-flow cat, nice 2.5-3" Mandrell bent pipe, and a free flowing muffler. You may want to install a resonator to keep the sound down. You could get a header then install a cutout / dump either manual or electric and dump the exhaust right after the header.

I would recommend a lot of research before you buy anything for your cavalier. Look up GMTuner Source for GM build books.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, February 27, 2012 3:03 PM
I looked into the naturally aspirated build that from the GMTuner book, it seems to involve a lot of work that I really didn't want to get into lol
To be honest, I'd be happy to hit 200 horsepower with the car, and I hear it's very possible without any work to the short block. With a stage 2 head, cams, valves, rockers, etc. along with bolt on mods such as full exhaust, full intake, throttle body, then top it off with a good tune, do you think thats a reachable goal?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search