Hello, and question on a different type of performance - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hello, and question on a different type of performance
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:05 AM
I like the site, and there is a very nice amount of information on the 2.2L engine for high performance based modifications, but has anyone ever done forced induction for fuel economy or know of a site with information pertaining to such mods, and if it would even be worth it? I commute 150 miles round trip a day (crazy i know) and the only sites i have been able to locate lately are hypermiling sites that are helpful with body mods for fuel economy as well as tips for reducing electrical loads and other minor things. With the obvious pain in the ass of gas prices rising i was curious about investing in some forced induction and possible results with tuning to try and increase the mpgs to higher 30s maybe 40 mpg while keeping the car that is got for a killer deal due to a blown engine, instead of down grading to a honda (yuk) or what i wanted, a chevy cruse/sonic but those all include higher investments than possible supercharger and the fuel economy offset by the payment wont be noticed till after the newer car is paid for. Just wanted to see if anyone had some tips or ideas on the subject as this is a jbody specialty place and to introduce myself

thanks and hello
derek

Re: Hello, and question on a different type of performance
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:26 AM
The org is primarily show and go..... not too many trying to maximize fuel economy. However the forced induction does help with gas milage if driven properly.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:38 AM
Check into the miller cycle engine used on some Mazdas. It uses a doped charger and unique camshaft timing. Haven't heard of it being done with a 2.2OHV
Sunday, April 22, 2012 4:25 PM
you dont necessarily need boost to up gas mileage. my LD9 2.4 pulls over 40 MPG with my set up and is N/A. It's mostly about picking parts that make the motor and drivetrain more efficient thus making less stress on the motor, thus increasing fuel economy. there is a great thread on here about tips on upping MPG's on your J. Most of which can be done on a fairly reasonable budget as well.

"Is that your exhaust or is that the sound of someone deflating a cat?"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search