new to j-bodys - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
new to j-bodys
Sunday, March 04, 2012 10:44 AM
hey y'all im new here. i just recently bought a 2000 sunfire, 2200 auto, 2 dr. i picked it up for $1200 from a guy. its got 172k on it and seems like its in alright condition. its got some wiring issues ive found so far but ill post another thread addressing that, i just wanted to stop in and say hi and introduce myself. im from WV. im not a car guy, or a GM guy, but i am a smart guy. i bought this car for the sole reason of saving money on gas so i don't have to drive my truck everyday. there probably wont be too much modding going on towards the car and i have some basic things i need to get fixed up on it first anyhow. i have a check engine light on that i need to get the code read, the headlights are all messed up in the sense that the low beams are extremely dull and i only have one high beam, and i have no idea what the dash light indicators mean. ive got a blue light on the left hand side of the dash that looks like a headlight indicator but then again sometimes i have a yellow light indicator on the right hand side? is one DRL's? the other supposed to be high beams? i noticed when i switch between lows and highs i don't have a light that comes on to tell me which is which. also i have a small switch beside my steering wheel that says ets? is that traction control?
thanks for all the help guy. i have a feeling this is a wonderful forum with lots of useful info on it!

Re: new to j-bodys
Monday, March 05, 2012 4:46 PM
The yellow light is the DRL's, the blue is the high beams. Low beams will have no indicator.

ETS sounds like traction control, but out of the 5 j-bodies i've had, none of them have had traction control, so i'm not sure.

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 7:30 PM
Anytime I have my lights on, high or low, the blue light is on? What would cause this?
Wednesday, March 07, 2012 5:37 PM
Bad ground most likely. there are grounds under the headlights, make sure they aren't corroded too bad (they probably are). Check to make sure you have voltage going to both head lights, you'll need a volt meter.

Also, make sure you have the correct bulbs in the car. They are supposed to be 9007, but a 9004 will fit and work, and will cause the symptoms your describing. If you have the correct bulbs, make sure one of them isn't blown, high or low beam in there.

If that checks out, then move on to checking the ground and voltage like I stated above.

Saturday, March 10, 2012 2:55 PM
Sunfiretun3r wrote:ETS sounds like traction control, but out of the 5 j-bodies i've had, none of them have had traction control, so i'm not sure.

You're right, ETS = Enhanced Traction System aka traction control.

Sunday, March 11, 2012 10:08 PM
!!!!! NICE
L

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, March 11, 2012 10:12 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search