Been awhile...I'm back. (Pa) - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Been awhile...I'm back. (Pa)
Wednesday, March 07, 2012 4:50 PM
I was a member here awhile back when I had a sunfire that blew up a month or two after getting it. Well had a ZX2 that was starting to become something and 2 weeks ago, wrecked because of snow with minor cosmetics and some exhaust damage and it was totaled (bought it back).

So I just bought a 2000 Sunfire to drive (just hope this 2.2 doesn't blow) this one someone has done somethings to, it has tinted windows and a couple interior plastics painted, american racing wheels, strut tower brace. Not really optional, has manual windows, locks and power sliding sunroof and is automatic unfortunately. Hope to get to know some of y'all, forums are a great place to learn Oh and it has a slight dent beside the driver door, that I may fix. Going to swap the ZX2 stereo and sub into the sunfire this week. Going to see if the exhausts on the sunfire and ZX2 are the same size to maybe put the Borla muffler on it since that's in good shape or put a cheapie 3A muffler. Sorry for the long winded speech .

1996 Explorer XLT 4X4 Lifted on 33's
2000 Sunfire 2.2L Auto stock'ish

Re: Been awhile...I'm back. (Pa)
Wednesday, March 07, 2012 9:42 PM
nice ride man! welcome back, where in PA. im near state college

Thursday, March 08, 2012 3:55 PM
I'm in McClure actually, and bought this at Stocker Chevrolet, I'm about 45 minutes from State College. Thanks for the welcome. Some don't think highly of a Ford guy but Chevy's are my 2nd favorite in the auto world

Thursday, March 08, 2012 4:48 PM
Chevy AND a Ford guy?!? Lol.

Thursday, March 08, 2012 5:03 PM
USMCZ24 wrote:Chevy AND a Ford guy?!? Lol.

I usually take a Ford over a Chevy, I mainly like the 00+ Full size GM trucks, but figured I would give a sunfire another whirl, the old one may have been prone to failure since back then I bought it from a guy that was in college, they don't always take care of their stuff well, that one I replaced the windshield, ps pump, alternator on. This one seems like it was taken care of for the most part.

Thursday, March 08, 2012 5:04 PM
A friend of mine had a 98 Cavalier for years that he beat the crap out of driving wise and he bought an 04 4 years ago and seems to be serving him right so I hope for descent luck with the Sunfire

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search