Hey all. Names Shane - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hey all. Names Shane
Sunday, February 05, 2012 7:00 AM
I just picked up my 96 Z24 Cavi I used to be a Beretta owner. But I got tired of nickel and diming it. So I found this one for $2000. Amazing deal I think.

CF Hood, racing seats, 2 12" Rockford fosgate subs in custom enclosure in the trunk, custom blue paint, motegi 17" rims. The Guy I got it from says its lowered but don't really look like it.

Re: Hey all. Names Shane
Sunday, February 05, 2012 6:20 PM
Looks pretty decent! I'd remove the fogs from the front bumper and the clear tails. Other than that looks good! What are your plans for the car? Or just drive?
Sunday, February 05, 2012 7:09 PM
Paint the reservior and drop it 2"

Definitely nice for that price

Sunday, February 05, 2012 9:36 PM
Yea I'm gonna change the fogs. I think he rewired it they blink opposite with the turn signals. But I'm gonna change them to rounds and make them fog lights again. And put the metal grating over those holes. And yea he said it was lowered but don't look like it. Was thinking coilovers. What's all involved in that. And what's a good set up?

Also want alitte more power. Its stock 2.4 with header, and functional Hood scoop. What else could I do that wont break the bank. Like I said I used to be a Beretta Guy so I know the 60° v6 not to much about this engine. And I want smoke halo headlights and smoke tails. Think it would look good.

Overall just gonna clean it up I'm thinking change spoiler to a cobalt spoiler I think they look good on these cars.

Sunday, February 05, 2012 10:40 PM
Its been a long time since ive seen clear tails on these cars. If you have directional tires the front driver side is on wrong. The side exhaust looks cool i cant recall seeing that before. All and all not bad for $2000 the car looks pretty clean. I also agree with everything said above.

Monday, February 06, 2012 8:16 PM
What size are the tires? If they are 17s , i bet he put the wrong size on them. Which probably is the reason why it doesnt look lowered. Adifferent rear bumper would be nice, and i like the side exit exhaust through the skirt.

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 7:22 PM
Yea I thought that was pretty cool too. They are 215/40/17

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 7:26 PM
yup wrong size tire.. it should be 215/45/17 for the smallest

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 10:51 PM
sexy z24
Wednesday, February 08, 2012 3:08 AM
Yea but the wheel is right under the spring perch. If I had 45's looks like it wojiuld hit.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:53 PM
nice z. listen to azncav, when he isn't hitting highway debris he knows his ish on suspension

Friday, March 02, 2012 12:51 AM
plenty of jbody guys/gals are running 215/45.

Friday, March 02, 2012 5:03 AM
welcome, nice pickup on the car

Thursday, March 08, 2012 10:37 AM
yeah that side exhaust is killer...and i like the clear lights personally just cuz its a lighter blue color
Saturday, March 10, 2012 7:32 AM
I have 225/45/17, stil fits. There's lots of info about tires sizes in the wheel and tire section.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search