shock/strut + lowering springs - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
shock/strut + lowering springs
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:18 AM
ok so i know im kinda noob and junk but just wondering how hard it will be doing a shock/spring change from stock to some ones i found on ebay. ( kinda tight on money so ebay is best bet right now i think) the 2 items im looking at are

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180802875666?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

and

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260933052215?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

would like to know if they will work together and how hard its going to be, i already know how to change stock to new stock for springs but this will be my first lowering spring install so don't know if i will have to do the compression thing as i would to take off the stock ones or not.

Any ideas or help on this would be great thanks

(sorry for being so noob right now lol)

will have pictures of stuff i have done to the cavi soon =)

Schrödinger's cat

Re: shock/strut + lowering springs
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:37 AM
Yea, pick new parts.

GR2s are factory replacement and are not designed to be lowered on. Even with good springs they will blow out and could cause you to total your car.
Dropzones fake coil-overs...
Quote:

DROPZONE springs are true performance lowering springs, not just a shorter stock spring. They are designed the way performance springs should be, with the correct spring rate and ride height for each specific application. DROPZONE springs provide aggressive drivers with substantially stiffer spring rates and some of the lowest fitments available for street cars. DROPZONE springs lower vehicle 1.8" front and rear providing race car looks with handling to match. All DROPZONE kits are made with the same quality material and design standards used with our lowering sport springs kits. DROPZONE lowering springs are designed to be used with aftermarket sport shock absorbers. Minor modifications or camber kits may be required. All DROPZONE springs carry a ISO 9001 standardization and are TUV approved.

Lol... That is a stretch. Look at it this way, Eibach, Tein, etc(all of the more expensive springs) have done the R&D to ensure that their springs are safe for our applications. Do you really trust your life(and others lives) on cheap $95 springs?

That setup is a good way to get someone hurt or killed. You need to start poking around the Suspension & Brake forum.

Error: Sig not found.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:47 AM
ok thanks for the info, was also reading some stuff on the susp/brake forum and found some good stuff thanks, my other option (after saving some cash) was this set up

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEIN-STECH-LOWERING-SPRINGS-TOKICO-HP-STRUTS-SHOCKS-SET-95-05-CAVALIER-/190615125988?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2003%7CModel%3ACavalier&h ash=item2c618bffe4&vxp=mtr

thoughts?

i just figured that would probably be a better choice since tokico and tein aren't the how was it put CEC i think?

Schrödinger's cat
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 11:16 AM
Those are good parts, but im iffy about buying Tein products off ebay. A few years ago they had problems with knockoffs that were very low quality(details are on their website). I would only buy Tein products for official Tein dealers.

Error: Sig not found.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 12:17 PM
ok sweet thanks again for the info, i may just have to save up some $$$ but i guess instead of lowering i could just get some OEM ones lol

Schrödinger's cat
Saturday, May 26, 2012 8:08 AM
I had eibach on all 4. Rode like a rock, handled great. I put stok on the back now, car sits level finally. Ride is better too...

Fireboy153
Brady Fire Co. - Station 150
Long Live The Sunflower! (yea its not so "cool")
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 11:31 AM
get some Eibach Sportlines. You'll like the ride height and just get some decent brand shocks to go with them. They will lower the car 1.7" Front and 2.3" Rear. It'll still sit slightly high in the rear but it's a great ride and handles superb without spending $1k + on coilovers. I love mine.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search