New here, with a lot of questions - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New here, with a lot of questions
Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:37 AM
Hi, my name is AJ, I just bought my first j-body a couple months ago. I have the 2004 cavalier coupe with the 2.2l ecotec. I have a bunch of questions, if you have an answer can you please include time and cost?

1) First thing I want to do is automatic locks and automatic windows because they are manual at the moment. With the automatic locks, I want remote entry also. How hard is this? How long does it take? And what is the price?

2) Im going to buy a cold air intake, what is a good cheap brand to buy? I don't want to spend over 190. How long does it take? Difficulty level?

3) I want to lower it about 2 inches. Do I need to buy new struts also? Do i need to switch to low profile tires? What is a cheap kit for this? How long does it take/difficulty?

4) I eventually want to do an engine swap for a 6 cylinder. What is a good engine to use in the swap? When I do the swap I will get a new transmission as well, switching from automatic to manual. I know nothing about any of this so ALL information available would help tremedously.

5) When I have the air conditioning on, it blows ice cold, but the whole dash starts to shake. What causes this?

6) What are some prices for tinting all the windows in the coupe? Difficuly for a DIY project?

Thank you in advance for all answers, if i have anymore questions i'll post. If this is in the wrong section is may be moved.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search