Test Drove a Few Cars - Came Back Disappointed - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Test Drove a Few Cars - Came Back Disappointed
Monday, September 10, 2012 7:37 PM
I've been looking for a replacement for the sedan for a little while, and figured since I had today off, I'd take a few used cars out and see what I had for options. Took an 07 Grand Prix out a few weeks ago, loved the car, but never heard anything back on that for financing, so that fell through. A friend of mine found an 02 sunfire coupe in amazing shape, so I took it out. 2200, 4 speed auto, nothing spectacular. Felt solid, but compared to mine, had no get up and go at all. Not too disappointing, as it was what I expected of it. The other two cars were the major disappointments of the day. First one was a 2000 Z24, brand new 5 speed in it, and 150000km on the motor. Ran pretty good, and just cruising around, felt really strong, but once I finally got a chance to see what it had, it fell flat on its face. It was quick, but sadly not as fast as what I already have, which I can't wrap my head around. The funniest car of the day was an 03 alero at the same lot the Z24 was at. It had a 2.2 eco and an auto, with 200000km on it. Drove goo, and handle pretty good, but smelled of burnt oil the entire time, and was honestly the most gutless thing I have ever been in. At wot, it had trouble pulling past the top of 1st. A friend of mine had come with me for the day, and he said the same thing about all of the cars. He even drove them all, and agreed, that compared to mine, they felt gutless, and compared to his SS/SC the alero especially felt like a joke. The biggest disappointment of the day was learning that an 01 Cavalier sedan with a 2200 an auto and 300lbs of stuff in the back outran all of them. Please tell me these cars were just a bad crop.

Re: Test Drove a Few Cars - Came Back Disappointed
Sunday, September 16, 2012 12:16 PM
these cars probobly are not taken care of, you probobly do. A little TLC can go a long way!

Fireboy153
Brady Fire Co. - Station 150
Long Live The Sunflower! (yea its not so "cool")
Re: Test Drove a Few Cars - Came Back Disappointed
Wednesday, September 19, 2012 7:59 PM
That it can. The Z24 seemed to be taken care of, but who knows about the trans they put in it. The alero was crap, plain and simple. I'm still amazed mine runs as strong as it does though, I've been playing catch up with the maintenance since I bought the car back in 09. It was a trade in, and the dealer didn't want to get it ready for auction, so I got it for cheap. The oil was jet black, and was closer to a paste than a liquid lol. Drained it out, ran conventional and seafoam through it, and now all it gets is mobil 1 oil and filter. Almost 300000 on it now. Makes finding a decent used car hard though, nobody wants to do general upkeep on anything.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search