Help on making a sleeper? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help on making a sleeper?
Monday, December 24, 2012 8:38 PM
Hey people, need some tips from someone who knows what they're talking about because at this point I'm clueless as to where to start.
My stock 2.2l sfi cavalier (2000) has a leaking head gasket as well as bad front struts, so either way it needs some work. Only thing is that I'm also trying to get some serious performance on a somewhat small budget. It has low mileage- about 105k- so the stock engine has plenty of life left (hopefully).
So what are the best ways to add some horses? Any viable options would be appreciated.

Re: Help on making a sleeper?
Monday, December 24, 2012 10:38 PM
Turbo build with used parts, tune it via HPT using the ls9 reflash and enjoy.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 12:46 AM
What kind of price would that be around?
Tuesday, December 25, 2012 1:34 AM
*ld9 reflash......auto correct screwed on my new cell. Depends on what you can get your hands on and what you can build yourself.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 4:34 AM
No matter what route you go, to get any type of "sleeper" performance you are going to have to spend a few thousand on it.

Also, we have J-bodies. No one EVER expects them to be quick/fast.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 7:47 AM
[quote=Tinkles(KGM)

Also, we have J-bodies. No one EVER expects them to be quick/fast.

I 2nd that! A Jbody in itself is a sleeper

"Is that your exhaust or is that the sound of someone deflating a cat?"
Thursday, December 27, 2012 12:56 PM
True, good point. Now if I did spend the time putting a turbo kit on the stock engine should I also replace the stock exhaust manifold? There doesnt seem to be much flow with how narrow it is. What are some of the other parts I might need? Thanks for the advice guys keep it comin
Thursday, December 27, 2012 1:53 PM
Read the faq in the boost forums. That will give you a better idea of what your getting into.

Thursday, December 27, 2012 2:10 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Read the faq in the boost forums. That will give you a better idea of what your getting into.

Thanks, now I realize I could have been finding what i needed all along instead of wasting people's time haha
Friday, December 28, 2012 12:31 PM
no biggie your learning just like everyone else had to at some point. but now you realize most of the questions you have are already answered.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search