strut bar - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
strut bar
Saturday, January 26, 2013 11:33 PM
Do I need a front strut bar on my car? would it matter?

Re: strut bar
Sunday, January 27, 2013 12:11 AM
No, and yes it does matter. It helps reduce body flex in turns.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Sunday, January 27, 2013 12:40 AM
which is a better strut bar the tower ones or those cheap looking ones?

Sunday, January 27, 2013 1:13 AM
Couldn't tell you. I have a factory one.

Sunday, January 27, 2013 5:38 AM
i have a chrome one id sell you for 25 shipped

Sunday, January 27, 2013 9:03 AM
The factory one is probably your best option and they're a dime a dozen in junkyards.

Sunday, January 27, 2013 5:05 PM
My Mechanic next door said I should not need one in less I am making hard turns.

Sunday, January 27, 2013 6:01 PM
Adam wrote:My Mechanic next door said I should not need one in less I am making hard turns.

Well then why post here if after receiving input you just tell us what your mechanic told you? Why don't you spend a few minutes looking around and learning instead of asking for us to spoon feed you?

-I drive my car to work-
Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:17 PM
I go threw hard turns. I should just buy the 25 dollars on one and justo be safe.

Sunday, January 27, 2013 9:12 PM
You go go threw hard turns? Right.

-I drive my car to work-
Sunday, January 27, 2013 10:54 PM
yea, turn where you have to drive 20mph

not sure i would like a tricked out car. haters tell me other wise

Sunday, January 27, 2013 10:57 PM
Drive it like you stole it.

Monday, January 28, 2013 1:12 PM
Sometime i do drive it like i stealed it. its like a good feeling like a rush going fast.

Monday, February 04, 2013 5:19 AM
Cant tell if serious.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Monday, February 04, 2013 5:34 PM
i am but no prob I found a couple of websites

Friday, February 15, 2013 12:34 PM
Twenty4z wrote:Cant tell if serious.

x2

but regardless..whether it is or not...you have obvious pros and cons to any mod. this one...
CON: its a very slight weight increase, but its not enough to matter (just a technical observation)
PRO: its only going to improve stability in corners. its the simplest install you will ever do. its cheap enough to get and just put on and forget about it and know its helping. it looks cool under the hood. you can even do the rear strut bar as well.

you can ALWAYS use better control. but if you dont drive hard on curvy back roads, you will prob never notice whether you have one or not. you're obviously not into autocrossing or driving very hard on back roads.

Im really only taking the bait because im at work and we are dead lol...3 day weekend so no one seems to have any SharePoint issues

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Friday, February 15, 2013 12:49 PM
blu04DD wrote:Im really only taking the bait because im at work and we are dead lol...3 day weekend so no one seems to have any SharePoint issues

I troll all day brother, haha.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, February 17, 2013 10:29 PM
blu04DD wrote:
Twenty4z wrote:Cant tell if serious.

x2

but regardless..whether it is or not...you have obvious pros and cons to any mod. this one...
CON: its a very slight weight increase, but its not enough to matter (just a technical observation)
PRO: its only going to improve stability in corners. its the simplest install you will ever do. its cheap enough to get and just put on and forget about it and know its helping. it looks cool under the hood. you can even do the rear strut bar as well.

you can ALWAYS use better control. but if you dont drive hard on curvy back roads, you will prob never notice whether you have one or not. you're obviously not into autocrossing or driving very hard on back roads.

Im really only taking the bait because im at work and we are dead lol...3 day weekend so no one seems to have any SharePoint issues

cum on dawg..weight increase? no cons ay. all good handling and remember what cruising with dr cav said you can find these strut bars at junk yards...cheap...where lots of my peeps work.
Monday, February 18, 2013 10:26 PM
how much you think i can get one at a junk yard?

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 1:07 AM
Around $20. Hell, pretty sure I've got one laying around if you want me to ship it to you

Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:07 AM
Would I need a rear strut bar also?

Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:29 AM
You dont need any of them but the more you put on the better response you will get from the car, can make night and day difference if you are like others that love curvy back roads to see what the limit is of your car plus you as a driver, if you drive the speed limit around corners than its not worth it but if you like down shifting and slamming the gears threw the corners wide open than get them right now and you will see a difference the first hard corner you hit.

FuzzMASTA9
Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:30 PM
how does the back one go on?

Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:49 PM
First disconnect your rear wheel autotrack. Should only take a hour or two if you do it right. Then jack up the rear of the car and remove the wheels, and disconnect the shocks. Then pop the trunk remove the upper strut bolts and install the brace. Put everything back together and drive it threw those corners like you mean business!

-I drive my car to work-
Sunday, February 24, 2013 12:13 PM
if any1 has pics of there strut bar please send em to me at Whysoseriouz09@aol.com i asked my dad to fab me 1 up at work n he said no so if somebody has 1 for a 04 cavy auto .... please send em to me
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search