2005 sunfire... need ideas - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2005 sunfire... need ideas
Monday, January 28, 2013 12:24 PM
Hello everyone, I have a problem that I was hoping I could get some help with.

Fairly recently the 2005 Pontiac Sunfire that I have been driving decided it needs a new engine. I won't go into details as to why, but I was thinking since I have to replace the engine, I might as well have some fun with it! Currently, my funds are fairly limited, this is the first project of this magnitude that I have taken on (But I am no stranger to a toolbox) Does anyone know which engines I can drop in with little to no modifications right off the bat? Naturally I plan to evolve what I start here into something much more exciting, but all in due time.

I read a couple posts on here already about 3900 through 3500, and someone suggested a LSJ in that thread, but I believe those were older model Sunfires, so I figured I'd double check with those who have a bit more experience.

This WAS my daily driver, but now, a project;
2005 Pontiac Sunfire
2.2 ecotech inline 4
5-speed manual

And if there's any information I left out, I would be glad to fill in the blanks to get the right answers.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and all the help in advance!

Re: 2005 sunfire... need ideas
Friday, April 12, 2013 11:18 PM
Any v6 3800 supercharged can be done or 3400 but just remember when u do a v6 swap its tight basically u have to drop the motor 2 change rear plugs if it was me I'd stick with what u have and build that depending on how bad ur motor went rip it down and rebuild wish I would of when I blew my second 2.4
Re: 2005 sunfire... need ideas
Friday, April 12, 2013 11:45 PM
A stock 2.2L Ecotec with the LSJ supercharger is a very fun car.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search