New guy with parts to sell - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New guy with parts to sell
Wednesday, April 17, 2013 5:26 PM
Hello fellow J-Body enthusiast's. My name is Ben, I am From Wisconsin. I started a project but was unable to finish it due to time and financial complications. I had 2 identical 1989Z24's, One I obtained for parts and the other was for restoration. I pulled the motor and spent $1800.00 and had the engine completely gone through and rebuilt. Adding many extras in the process taking an already fierce motor and making it into a monster. The motor is for sale, I would like $1500 but will negotiate with in reason. The motor is CHERRY, never been installed or turned over electronically. There is oil in it, and I manually turn it over on a regular basis. I ran into financial difficulties and instead of being selfish and hold onto a dream that has gone along the wayside, I would like to see the motor go to somebody else that will enjoy as much as I would. Pictures are available upon request

Extremely clean high output 2.8 Multi-port fuel injected V6. This motor was professionally machined by one of the best in the business. The motor came out of a 1989 Z24 Chevy Cavalier 2 door sports coupe; it was originally mass-produced in the factory putting out 130 horsepower and 160 (ft. lbs.) of torque. After the rebuild it, is believed to push out a little over 225 horsepower. It has not been tested or dynoed but with all the modifications done I would very much believe it to be true. This motor is so clean you could eat off of it has never been installed or electronically turned over.

The Rebuild included : New pistons, ring set, cylinders bored and honed, resized connecter rods, heads were ported & polished, new cam bearings, oversized cam shaft, all new gaskets, thermostat, new water pump, high flow oil pump, oversized oil pan and a belt tensioner assembly.

Would prefer a local pick up to avoid costly shipping or freight charges. MUST SELL

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search