Headlight bulbs - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Headlight bulbs
Monday, March 11, 2013 4:33 PM
If I want a brighter headlight can I use xenon bulbs on my stock 97 sunfire or do I need to ungrade the wiring?

Re: Headlight bulbs
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:44 PM
You can get an HID kit from ddmtuning.com but you'll need projectors to properly aim them and not blind people. Although off the shelf Sylvania's will yield a brighter headlight as well. Stay away from the eBay gimmicks and blue halogens, you won't be able to see a thing.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 3:10 AM
I love those halo lights those are cool but i bet those cost big to make or buy. Which sylvania bulbs should I go with? I want a clear blue altought i like the light blue colored

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 9:06 PM
Adam wrote:I love those halo lights those are cool but i bet those cost big to make or buy. Which sylvania bulbs should I go with? I want a clear blue altought i like the light blue colored

i have yet to see a question from you that google couldn't answer. did you graduate the 3rd grade? seriously. go away. we all hate you.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Wednesday, March 13, 2013 11:50 PM
why you hate me? what did I do?

Thursday, March 14, 2013 6:16 AM
@!#$ all yall bitches lick my nutsack

Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:25 PM
So I am not no car god thats why I ask question in the newbies cause i am new to this whole car site.

Friday, March 15, 2013 7:06 PM
Rich is just angry because Mike is witholding sex from him.

Advance and AutoZone carry Silverstar bulbs. Theyre all good except for the ZXE's. Toooooooo blue and youll piss people like me off. Just makes sure you get the right ones for your car.

Saturday, March 16, 2013 12:01 AM
toooo blue ones blind other drivers?

Sunday, March 17, 2013 1:06 PM
Yes. My roommate had a set in his Accord. Theyre annoying as hell in your rear view mirror.

You dont even get better vision with the blue ones. Everything is just bluer.

Sunday, March 17, 2013 4:20 PM
Mine dont seem bright when i turn them on. to bad there is no way to turn them off when your driving in the day.

Sunday, March 17, 2013 9:29 PM
Theres a sticky in the exterior forum on how to disable them.

Sunday, March 17, 2013 10:01 PM
do you disable yours?

Thursday, March 28, 2013 3:51 PM
I had Sylvania SilverStar Ultra bulbs in both my Sunfires and was very happy with the light output and color of them. I also had the DRLs (Daytime Running Lights) disabled in both Sunfires as well. Disabling the DRLs is quick and easy and it's nice because you can drive with just the parking lights or parking lights and fog lights (if equipped) without the crappy looking dim headlights being on too.

I currently have Sylvania SilverStar zXe bulbs in my Vibe and I love them. IMO, they don't really have any blue tint to them, just a nice crisp, bight white light. I will probably buy them again when the time comes.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 10:04 PM
When I disable mine like take the fuse out inside the car the high beam light on my dash come on. Did I not disable them right?

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 7:35 AM
I have a 2004 sunfire disabling the drls is very easy and quick.there is a forum about how to disable drls for your year of vehicle.i used the forum to disable mine it worked perfectly.now if you want brighter bulbs definetely go with silverstar ultras.i have those in mine and silverstar bulbs for my foglights.the light output is excellent plus they don't blind people.the only down side to the bulbs is they only last 1year then blow out and to me they are expensive.my headlight bulbs were 50 dollars for two and the foglights were 40 dollars for two.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search