New J-body Owner - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New J-body Owner
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:24 PM
Hello, my names Ian.
I purchased a 2001 Chevy Cavalier Z24 about 3 months ago and I am going to drop some cash into the car and try to make it a little bit quicker. I am not really looking for a whole lot out of the car but I would like to see 200+ horsepower out of the thing.
I figured that if I was going to start building a Z24 that this would be the place to start looking for information and getting to know people so I can get a bit of help with my car.

So far the car is stock, it has a short ram intake, and iridium spark plugs in the thing. So if anyone has any suggestions on where to start with this car that would be great!

,Ian

Re: New J-body Owner
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:36 PM
Secret cam swap and 2.3 high output intake manifold is good place to start along with header, go under performance section and type them in search part. Personally I am trying to sell my 2.4 header at moment from my parts car, its under the engine part in the classifieds. Also look into the msd coil swap too.

FuzzMASTA9
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:40 PM
Ok sounds good. I will check your post for that header..
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:46 PM
Right on man, just realized you were in mn too, I actually could cut you little more deal on header if interested bc next week will be down by albert lea to pick up my new suspension

FuzzMASTA9
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:49 PM
Huh, I could live with that. Getting my tax return any day now. xD Yeah I would be interested in taking the part off of your hands. The only thing is I have to figure out whats wrong with the flipping thing. Haha.
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:50 PM
What your car? whats it doing?

FuzzMASTA9
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:56 PM
Well the car has a issue with the RPMs "Surging". I guess I don't know how to explain it that well. When the car is idling the rpms will drop low then rise into the 2500 range, then drop back down. I guess I am not super gifted with cars but I can do some stuff.
I just wish I knew where to start. I would give you the codes that it is throwing but the OBD port doesn't work for some reason..
Thursday, April 25, 2013 12:00 AM
Start with cleaing sensors on the throttle body and throttle body itself, check cigarette lighter fuse to make sure its good too bc on newer gm vehicles obd port wont have power if fuse is blown. If sensors cleaning dont work might be tps sensor going bad or might just be a vacuum leak also. I would let you have header for $75, but would have to wait until next week sometime when I head down that way (probably be later in the week)

FuzzMASTA9
Thursday, April 25, 2013 12:05 AM
Well that would make sense. I never use the cigarette lighter so I guess I never thought of checking that. I will do that now. I did buy a tps, just didn't have the chance to throw it on yet, but its like two screws so that isn't going to take me long.
I don't know how to diagnose a vacuum leak. Later this week works for me and the price works as well. I am totally willing to meet you in Albert Lea if you would like, or whatever you would want to do with that. I just need to know what day and time as I work two jobs and don't have a lot of free time but I can work a little trip into my schedule. :p
Been a member for about an hour and already getting help. I like this idea. haha
Thursday, April 25, 2013 12:11 AM
I live 3.5 hours north of there but looked on mapquest and your not far from owatonna and I gotta drive past there so was thinking maybe we meet there, not totally sure yet, but also gotta figure out what day works for guy im meeting. Can possibly all 3 meet up and get pictures of all are cars together. I will pm you my number so can text me tomorrow so got yours too, going to bed now.

FuzzMASTA9
Thursday, April 25, 2013 12:15 AM
Sounds like a great idea! I yeah I can add you in my phone and will text you. Now I have to clean my car up so it looks pretty again. :p

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search