New Member In Florida - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Member In Florida
Thursday, June 06, 2013 6:35 PM
Hey guys, the name's Marton. I have a 1995 Chevrolet Cavalier with a 2.2L engine and a automatic transmission. I have always loved J-Bodies, especially when I started to drive. Now I got my car back since my Sister was driving it, and now I'm doing an oil change, and replacing the oil pump and oil pan gasket tomorrow. I do have a question. When you jack up the car, where is the best spot to jack it up from? I had to jack it up one side at a time because last time I jacked it up, I jacked it up from under the radiator and the metal started to cave in. Thank you in advance.

-Marton

Re: New Member In Florida
Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:48 PM
welcome marton thanks for joining j-body. I myself take it to a local dealership for an oil change and let them get rid of the oil. Plus I can test drive some cars or trucks while waiting blow off a little stress.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 12:05 PM
Jack side to side..... there really isnt a good way to do it with the j bodies.... as they dont have a full cradle.... also to change the oil pan and pump your going to have to pull your downpipe off since it runs under the oil pan.... after that everything sould be a breeze....... except the oil filter..... their a bi*ch on the autos....

Erik Packard
Sunday, July 21, 2013 12:24 PM
I usually jack mine up under the A arm, you'll see the spot where it doesn't give. The pinch welds are useless so don't even try.

PB blaster should loosen up the downpipe if you let it sit for a while and the oil filter isn't bad at all. If you don't have smaller hands, just grab a buddy who does and it's a breeze.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search