Oil - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Oil
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 11:07 PM
Whats the best brand oil to buy there are so many to they all do what they said they do? Is one oil better then the other brand name.

Re: Oil
Monday, June 10, 2013 9:43 PM
I use castrol syntec but it's all personal preference. Just try to use a name brand.....

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:50 PM
would it be ok to mix oil brands or stick with the same oil brand you put in when the oil was low?

Thursday, June 20, 2013 4:37 AM
Ams oil
Can go a year or so on that stuff I heard. Good stuff, my dad has been using it since before I was born probably
Saturday, June 22, 2013 6:54 AM
Most of them are decent but like said it's all personal preference. One thing I will say is that I don't trust any of them to go as long as they say. For instance, I run Royal Purple in my car. That being said, I change it every 5k. It's still cheaper than engine internals IMO. But all the brands mentioned will definitely get the job down. If it were my car....pick an oil and stick with it whatever it may be. Though I've never heard of anyone having problem, mixing different oils with different detergents, solvents, etc. can be dangerous,

"In Oldskool we trust"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search