New Guy - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Guy
Sunday, September 22, 2013 3:56 PM

I am from central illinois and own a saturn l series. Recently built a mostly forged bottom end to hold some boost. I am using a gm-8 turbo currently, borg warner mounted to a saab manifold with a 90* and a t3 flange welded to it.
Not really tuned yet, I use an fmu and 30# injectors and almost 20psi on race gas mix.
The plan is to get an actual tune with larger injectors and e85 and bump the boost up or upgrade the turbo. Trans is holding up so far as is the clutch, I am not the best at launching this thing yet but it has been 9.14 in the 1/8 as is.

Re: New Guy
Sunday, September 29, 2013 2:56 PM
heres a tip when doin a launch, if its a stick use ur handbrake to stop the car when staging, instead of ur footbrake, then when the tree hits green jus push ur ebrake down and let up on the clutch. i had a 91 celica that i beat alot of ppl with, only modd it had was a cold air intake and thrush muffler, everything was stock, has 300,000 miles on it, i could shift outta 2nd gear at 92 mph. was 2.2r 5 spd. even raced n spanked a turbo saleen focus. too bad my cavy is auto. once u get the hang of it, u jus might get one hell of a launch and a better time at the track
Re: New Guy
Saturday, October 05, 2013 3:52 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a shot. If I can get it moving sooner it will move pretty good. I have done some playing on the streets of "mexico" and it really comes alive around the 1/8 mile so if I could get that sooner it will do pretty good I think. Of course after it gets a real tune I think I'll be happier.

Nate
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search