New owner/member, 2001 Sunfire, tons of Codes, Pics - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New owner/member, 2001 Sunfire, tons of Codes, Pics
Saturday, October 26, 2013 2:04 PM
Recently purchased my second j-body; a 5spd 2001 Pontiac Sunfire 2.2. (I had an '89 Cavalier z24 a couple years ago that went through 4 engines, but only had to pay for one). The car has 200k miles on it and runs excellently (though OBDII says misfire), but I managed to pull quite a number of codes from the computer (only the airbag light is on [and occasionally goes off] on the dash so I was surprised by all the CEL codes).

U1301 - Class 2 Communication Circuit Low Voltage

P0300 - Engine Misfire Detected

P0336 - CKP Sensor "A" (18/24X)

P0340 - Camshafter Position Sensor Problem

P0440 - EVAP Emssions System Fault

P1626 - Anti-Theft System Fuel Enable Circuit

P1632 - Theft System - Fuel Disabled

B0022 - Driver Front Deploy Loop Resistance Low

B0026 - Driver Front Deployment Loop Open

U1000 - Class 2 Serial Communcation Problem

U1300 - Class 2 Shorted to Ground/Voltage

U1301 - Class 2 Data High or Low Volts

U1016 - Loss PCM Communications

U1096 - Lost Communication W Instrument Panel Cluster/Driver Information Center or Class 2 TXD

U1064 - Loss BCM, VTD, DIM, PZM &/Or SBM Data

Considering all the codes, what would be the most important things I take car of first as far as fixing/troubleshooting (so more things don't break)?

It seems that some of them, like the CKP/Camshaft Sensor Codes can mean a few different things. I did notice there are some loose connections in the back of the instrument panel that could be causing some of the codes, which I'll investigate soon (if I push on the panel the odometer LED display actually reads correctly). Doesn't seem to burn or leak oil, apparently has a radiator fan from Toyota in it, and the car is red... which will have to change.

Pics:

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search