Newbie here! '94 Cavalier RS - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Newbie here! '94 Cavalier RS
Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:56 PM
Hey all! I'm new to the forum and J-bodies in general, I just picked up a 2nd gen cavy (my civic spun a bearing at 146k) and I'm looking forward to learning more about Js and getting to know you guys.

I could not be happier with this car. I paid $700 and it runs like a champ, even starts in -20 degree weather! All she needs is a head gasket and a wheel bearing (both of which are easy on these cars from what I understand). Sure she's not perfect but she's not a rotbox and in Indiana that's all you can ask for.

So about me. Name's Gage, I'm about to turn 19 and I'm a senior in high school. I'm going to college for mechanical engineering in the fall and I want to work in the automotive industry. I love cars and my knowledge and fab skills are way beyond those of an average kid. Let me know what you guys think of the car and give me any feedback you might have! Thanks!

Re: Newbie here! '94 Cavalier RS
Friday, February 14, 2014 4:30 AM
Welcome and check out the 1st & 2nd gen forums for alot of helpful info.

Thursday, February 20, 2014 12:06 AM
Well welcome to the site.I can understand buying something to at least get around in the mean time.I however would at least get the civic fixed seriously.If it was a good sound free car the cost to refresh the engine would more than pay for itself over time!As for the 2nd gen parts are pretty easy to find in the pull a parts like a hood as you need one not mushed in.I will keep it short and say finding the normal tune up,replacement parts are pretty common at most auto stores.Tired long day of busy work at home.The 2nd gen forum is the spot to ask any ?s about your ride specifically to get the best response.It is slow in this forum but members who own these and or people like me do know enough to suggest and or help when needed!!!! I own a 1st gen cav but moderate on the general stuff with yr like you have.I would def fix the civic if it were mine.My nephew has a 02 and have done most of the work on his with out to many real problems.

Saturday, February 22, 2014 8:39 AM
I don't want to put any money into the civic. It's in my dad's name and he wouldn't give it to me even if I fixed it myself. I want to keep the cav and fix it up, possibly a 3400 swap down the road.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search