new to the j-body scene - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
new to the j-body scene
Tuesday, March 04, 2014 4:09 PM
names Matt

recently acquired an 04 ls with "stock body kit" as my dd
would like to make it a bit better on a budget any suggestions?

Re: new to the j-body scene
Tuesday, March 04, 2014 4:23 PM
You got the hang of it,lol. Just check out all the forums. You'll find alot of great info.
If your on a budget check out classifieds on here.Sometimes you have wait for the parts u need to come up for sale,but when they do u can get some good stuff.
Tuesday, March 04, 2014 6:12 PM
What are you looking to do? Do you like performance or looks? I personally like the factory body kits on cars, gives it that sportier stock look. I am not a big fan of aftermarket body kits. For performance, it all depends on how much you want to spend, the sky is the limit. Good starter mods are stuff like a intake. You can get cheap ebay intakes but whatever garbage air filter comes with them, dont use, spend the money and buy a brand name cone filter like a aem or k&n. Another good mod that isn't very cheap but good for handling and looks is lowering springs with aftermarket struts, you can not cheap out on these, if you want to save money, buy used brand name stuff.
Also, try to read all the stickys, some are a little outdated but good info in most of them. Some info in FAQ in the Library up top too. Update your garage in your profile and check out ecotecforums as well.

Welcome to JBO!

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 7:30 PM
haven't used a forum in years
appreciate the welcoming.
Tuesday, March 04, 2014 7:49 PM
while i'm making an ass of my self on my first day
i may as well ask is anyone else's dash cracked to all hell?
Tuesday, March 04, 2014 9:12 PM
Yep,mine is on my 05 cav. What i don't know is how it happen. I've heard this happens alot. Is it from hard driving or is it from the sun?
Tuesday, March 04, 2014 9:16 PM
Don't worry, it happens to +90% of j bodys, mine only has one crack....

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 10:16 PM
someone should make one that's coated or something so it will flex more
Wednesday, June 04, 2014 6:55 PM
performance wise for cheap the only thing would probably be a CAI or SRI. Style wise for cheap you could get some lowering springs that perform with your stock struts and shocks until you save up enough to replace those, tint your tail lights, plastidip your wheels, interior neons, tinted windows, thats all i got for ya

Got heem!
Wednesday, June 04, 2014 7:03 PM
No lowering springs will work with stock struts.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search