New member here - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New member here
Monday, August 04, 2014 5:07 PM
Hello all I'm new to the site. I was wondering if there is a way to tell if my cavi is a Z24. It's a 2002 sedan, has the Z24 style body kit, spoiler, 16" alloy rims, body color door handles, and factory CD player. No sunroof, fog lights or power options. I've done a vin look up online and it comes back as a base model, but the report also says factory 14" rims. I bought the car from the second owner who has owned the car since 2004. He never mentioned changing anything so I assume everything is factory, and that the report was wrong. There is a person in my area selling a 2002 Z24 that looks 100% identical to my car! except it is a coupe and has a sunroof. But does not have fog lights or any power options. And also has no Z24 emblems. So could someone please tell my if there is another way to find out, thanks!
Attachments
image.jpg (165k)

Re: New member here
Monday, August 04, 2014 6:43 PM
What motor is in it?
Tuesday, August 05, 2014 6:49 AM
Andrew Cramer wrote:What motor is in it?

2.2 non Eco. I thought Z24 came with 2.4 or 2.2 Eco but the car I mentioned above that is for sale is also a 2.2 non Eco.
Tuesday, August 05, 2014 6:52 AM
Z24 came only with the 2.3L Quad-4 (95), the 2.4L Twin Cam (96-02) and, in Canada only, the 2.2L Ecotec. Yours is not a Z24. Neither is the other one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, August 05, 2014 6:53 AM

Tuesday, August 05, 2014 11:39 AM
thnks I was wondering if maybe he just didn't know what he was talking about
Thursday, August 07, 2014 7:28 AM
02 Was the only year in the US that you could get a Z24 sedan, but it would definitely not be a 2.2 of any kind. If you were to find an 02 Sedan with the Eco, it would be an LS Sport, and would have the split-spoke rims, not the flared spoke that the 00-02 Z24 did.

Friday, August 08, 2014 8:15 AM
I just looked at the pic, and realized that someone basically started to make it look like an LS Sport. It's got the 03-05 wheels on it, but the real LS sport would have had chrome ones, and it's got the sideskirts from an 03-05, but the front is still a base model. Can't see if/what it has for a lip in the back.

Obviously with the 2.2 OHV engine, it's a base, and with no fogs, it's definitely not going to be a Z or LSS.

Saturday, August 09, 2014 9:20 AM
Mr. Quick wrote:I just looked at the pic, and realized that someone basically started to make it look like an LS Sport. It's got the 03-05 wheels on it, but the real LS sport would have had chrome ones, and it's got the sideskirts from an 03-05, but the front is still a base model. Can't see if/what it has for a lip in the back.

Obviously with the 2.2 OHV engine, it's a base, and with no fogs, it's definitely not going to be a Z or LSS.

I appreciate the info, I know when I do a vin check it says it would have 14" wheels. Obviously it has 16" so I always kinda wondered. Also it does have the lip on the back. Another thing I always wondered about was the body color door handles. I've very rarely seen them on these cars.
Sunday, August 10, 2014 10:39 AM
Just looked at the sticker on the door. According to it, my car originally has the 16" rims. Also it was manufactured in June 2002 so it is a late 2002. I have seen others 2002's with the same rims and I've seen 2003-05 with chrome rims.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search