Hello ALL! I am chris, I do not own a "j-body" but i do own something similar. I have a 1999 Saab 9-3. Few modifications it has= MBC, Open DP, Bigger FMIC, 9-5 aero seats, carbon dash and door pulls, SE front and rear lip, Vert Spoiler. I am in the process of building a set of coilovers for my car (noone makes a full set) and since i am trying to make this car handle as well as it can, I need our sister cars help. The front lower control arms are actually two pieces with a rubber bushing that connects them. This poses a problem with stiffness in the front end. Another HUGE factor in this is the lack of replaceable ball joints. To replace the ball joint you are paying 100-150 for a new control arm.
Now that the reasoning is out of the way, I need a member who is willing to help me out.
1. I need the size of the bolt holes (vertical bolt) (horizontal bolt)
2. I need the size of the ball joint to make sure it will fit my hub assemblies
3. I need size of and the distance of the sway bar link. (distance from ball joint) (distance from middle of Horizontal bolt)
4. distance from middle of vertical bolt to middle of horizontal bolt. (A,B) Look at attachment
5. Distance from middle of ball joint to middle of Horizontal bolt (B,C) Look at attachment
I am a very active member of Saab Central and would immensely appreciate a members help with my en devour!
If anyone has questions about anything saab related that might fit your cars, ask. If you have any questions on saabs themselves, ask.
Any positive feedback is greatly appreciated.
Thanks and keep on..... cavalier-ing? (works better with saabing
- cavalier control arm paint.jpg (20k)