Hey! noob here! well sort of. - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hey! noob here! well sort of.
Friday, March 13, 2015 3:47 PM
What's up guys?!
I am new to the forum, but not completely new to jbodies. I had a 2001 z24 back in like 07 for about 3 years. My current J isn't too much to write home about, (stock base model 97, auto) and it probably won't become a huge project any time soon, as I already have an 01 gtp with a few things done to it (more on this in another thread down the road), and a currently BARE 240sx shell I'm getting ready for some v8 goodness, BUT I definitely am doing a couple small things to make the cavalier slightly more pleasing. After a couple junk yard runs I have come up with the following (so far)

95-99 z24 front bumper and skirts with clips, 01 z24 spoiler and 02 ls sport rear lip. I will also be lowering the car soon. Eventually I would like to build/turbo the car, but not something that needs to happen tomorrow.

Any input/ideas/saying hi is highly welcomed!

Re: Hey! noob here! well sort of.
Friday, March 13, 2015 7:21 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Post up some pics of your J and other cars too . . sounds like you've got some cool projects going on.

Saturday, March 14, 2015 12:34 AM
I will as soon as I get to a computer, I have pretty much no pictures on my phone, and I need to sign up on photo bucket or something.
Saturday, March 14, 2015 12:58 AM
Sorry for the double post. But I managed to get into my old photobucket and though I don't have any decent pictures of my current vehicles,.... I found some of my old cars,.... including my z24! I didn't know these still existed!

2001 z24

And here is my old 240sx in the beginning.

About a year into it here

Saturday, March 14, 2015 1:04 AM

And finally what it looked like before I sold it.

Also have some track pictures but I guess I can only post so many at a time
Monday, March 16, 2015 7:37 AM
Cool man - your old Z was clean.

Looks like your 240sx was a nice track car - what is that on the hood in the last picture, looks like a funky wrap.

What V8 plans do have for the new 240sx - LSX?

Let's see that GTP!

Monday, March 16, 2015 9:31 PM
Yes, it is a gold engine turn vinyl from paper street plastics.

And as for the v8, I wish I had lsx money! But I'm actually (slowly, but surely) working on swapping in a ford 302, they make decent torque, easy to build/boost, and engines are a dime a dozen,.... and they don't need a t56,..... so that saves another 2 grand or so.

Unfortunately I don't have very many pictures of the grand prix at the moment, I need to take some of the engine bay.

But it does have a few things done to it,

M90 is ported, honestly I'm unsure of the exact pulley size since it came on the ported blower, but I'm reading 12psi at the top of the gears, slp headers/crossover, slp downpipe, custom 3" split to 2.5" exhaust, zzp full stack w2a intercooler, kyb shocks with ..... eBay springs. 3 row radiator .... shorter dog bone mounts etc. Etc..

Attachments
20150222_171550.jpg (329k)
20150222_173611.jpg (292k)
20150215_135512.jpg (395k)
20150215_135530.jpg (473k)

Monday, March 16, 2015 9:46 PM
.... and I couldn't resist,.... couple of action shots...

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 6:53 AM
Nice!

Digging the action shots.

That GTP looks clean - ported M90, is that Eric's old GTP?

I rode in a customer's car LS1/T56'd 240sx my buddy was working on - that thing was beast. So much fun.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 9:25 AM
96S1 wrote:Nice!

Digging the action shots.

That GTP looks clean - ported M90, is that Eric's old GTP?

I rode in a customer's car LS1/T56'd 240sx my buddy was working on - that thing was beast. So much fun.

I couldn't tell you, I don't remember the guys name, did he trade his gtp for a ford ranger? Lol
Saturday, May 09, 2015 8:35 AM
Hello fewer hoe have u been

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search