Newbie from Winston-Salem - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Newbie from Winston-Salem
Sunday, April 19, 2015 7:57 PM
Hello, new guy from Winston-Salem, NC here ...

Been mainly dealing with X-body cars for the longest time... https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/chevycitationsforever/info

Member name: ho81x11

But just bought my first J-body~!!!

87 Chevy Cavalier RS Convertible - White w/ Blue top/interior

102,300 miles, 2.8MPFI V6 - auto tranny, power brakes, steering, windows, locks, trunk release, top, digital Dash, intermittent wipers, AM/FM stereo cassette, Custom cloth interior, console,

Everything works!! Been garaged kept all its life!! Only has 3 tiny little dings on outside, white paint shines brilliantly, Interior looks factory fresh! Paperwork shows that its only been driven 930 miles in past 5 years.

About 95% original ... had new alternator, tires, MAF sensor, serp belt, hoses and battery put on recently, tailpipe and muffler done sometime in past. No mention of any A/C work, but it blows nice and cold!

Top in is nice condition, NO rips, or tears ... but rear window is a bit oxidized and cloudy. Bought some PlastX or something to bring the shine and clearness back. Still has original factory floor mats and factory conv. top cover.

Bought from a sweet old lady who only drive it on Sundays.

NO, SERIOUSLY!! bought from Original Owner... dear sweet old lady named Peggy. Mother-in-law of one of my co-workers. She drove it to work on day back in '99 or something. I asked her where she got that car ... she said hers was being serviced and her M-in-L let her drive hers into work. Told co-worker that whenever her M-in-L decided to sell to let me have first dibs. She always drove it with towels over the seats, so they really show almost NO wear!

Well I got notified a few weeks ago... just now getting around to getting pics uploaded.

Had to have windshield re-glued, and new tailpipe and muffler installed...old one way hanging down a little and looked a little twisted out of line... (not being driven much in last few years just didn't get inside of pipes dried out - muffler guy said it rotted from inside out. I've put about 300 miles on it since i got it.

I will have a keyless entry/alarm system installed, obviously, but will probably keep the rest of it as is. Makes for a good showcar!! IF I do do anything to it it would be replacing the tranny with the 440-T4 4-speed auto so that at highway speeds it would only turn 2600 rpms instead of 3500 at 70 mph. (same scenario that I had in the 85 X-11 when I first got it.)

http://s181.photobucket.com/user/dangrus4060/slideshow/87%20Cavalier%20RS%20Convertible

Check it out!!! Let me know what you think!

Terry
ho81x11

87 RS Convertible - 2.8V6 - 3-Speed Auto, Digital Dash - Complete LED / HID Conversion - Alarm/Keyless Entry

Re: Newbie from Winston-Salem
Sunday, April 19, 2015 10:38 PM
Terry Please repost this over in the 1st gen forum already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am well Ron and live in Greensboro very close we are!!!!!!! If you have any questions on your ride please ask as our board is full of good solid info and including myself of course.Mine's a 1985 type 10 coupe all stock and I am the 3rd owner as my sister was the 2nd and owned since 1998.The guys on the board will drool all over your ride as I looked thru your pics and your lucky as shi--------- to get such a awesome car.I want spoil your fun and let anyone know you even joined so you can create a NEW post specifically about your car.If you have any questions or would like me to drop in and go over the car and advise on things I would gladly take the time to do it .I know the 1st gen stuff like the back of my hand and I think we could take some time to get familiar with each other and share some cool stories.I hate you for getting such a nice car and not even on my radar that close existed to me.The hate clearly is a (sarcastic thought) with glad you see the True value in the car and will care for it buddy.Welcome to the site and please just repost this info on the 1st gen forum and thanks as I truly appreciate seeing a car like that with the cool effect saved and continueing.Ron

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search