Possibly being given a 2002 Cavalier LS Sport - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Possibly being given a 2002 Cavalier LS Sport
Thursday, April 23, 2015 7:53 PM
I am possibly going to be given a rather rough 2002 Cavalier LS Sport.

Long story short, was left to sit for really no good reason, needed to be moved so it ended up in my driveway for almost a year, and friend and wife are just thinking of signing the title over to me.

It does have a salvage title, it needs new tires all around, a battery, and possibly a power steering pump. Luckily these cars are not in short supply at the junkyard, because I also need to find a good dark blue hood (Not sure of the exact color name at this time) trunk with spoiler, and rear LS Sport bumper, and the right brake light lense is smashed.

Real shame though that it is an Automatic and not a 5-speed.

Pics will come eventually.

Now I have read that GM sold supercharger kits for the 2.2 that were used on the 2.0 ecotech used in Saabs, so would I be correct in thinking that if I tore off that stuff from a junkyard Saab for cheap, and slap it on the 2.2l for a nice cheap HP boost? Seriously my local junkyard only charger $50 for a supercharger. Obviously I can just attach the supercharger and go, I assume there is stuff that needs to be done with the car's computer.

Re: Possibly being given a 2002 Cavalier LS Sport
Thursday, April 23, 2015 8:14 PM
Nevermind I am a dumbass there is no supercharger on a saab. lol Those are turbos.
Friday, April 24, 2015 2:05 PM
You can get most stuff from a cobalt.

Seen a whole sc kit for 500 couple days ago
Friday, April 24, 2015 9:40 PM
Color is indigo blue metallic if it's a dark blue.

The Saab turbo parts will work as long as it's from the 2.0 ecotec motor. (The older eco power motors are not the same)

Hptuners can be used to tune the computer but you'll want to be sure to either do the research of you plan to tune yourself or find somebody that has experience with tuning j-bodies as they are not as easy to tune as some of the other cars that can be tuned with hpt.

Welcome to the forum and be sure to check out the boost and tuning forums for more info.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search