Noob intro - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Noob intro
Saturday, September 19, 2015 12:52 AM
Hi guys, I'm a noob cavalier owner. Been on the forums since I first considered buying the car and since I've now purchased it, I decided I'd join and continue to steal your knowledge.

The car I purchased is a 1995 chevy cavalier. The car was owned by 70 + year old lady who unfortunately had to go to the nursing home. She is a close family friend. Car only has 61,787 miles on it. Color is white with custom brown rust paint here and there done my Mother Nature. Over very clean. Interior is mint with the exception of rip on the driver seat. The car is very basic, manual doors/windows, no cd, 2 door, 3spd auto. However it does have ac and it works very well. The car does have a small issue with rough idle after it warms up and the oil pressure light comes on and turns off. The oil pressure light only comes on for under a second. This only happens when the car is stopped, warm and idling. I drove the car a little bit today, but I plan to figure out the problem before I make it my daily driver. Was going to try to put in a new oil pressure sending unit or oil pressure switch.

I plan to use the car as a commuter for my brother and I. We both go to the same college and both work on campus. Our daily commute is easily over 50 miles, mostly highway. I plan to raise my mpg rather lower my track times. So all mods I do will revolve around mpg, another gains (hp, torque, looks) will only be a bonus. I hope to hit over 40 mpg by spring time, but if I get to 40 I would be happy. I feel like the 3 spd auto will be the biggest thing holding me back, I really wish it was a 5 spd.

Sorry no pics at the moment. I will have to upload some soon.
Wow you guys have a splel chek butin

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search