Saying hi and requesting insight.\ - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Saying hi and requesting insight.\
Saturday, November 28, 2015 12:37 AM
Hello, forgive me but I'm just gonna copy paste what I put in my profile info. I've always loved cars and dreamed about owning a beautiful muscle car as my first car, but when it came down to it and i needed a car asap, I ended up stuck with a small 2 door sunfire, it was purple, had a 2.2L ln2 engine and its only saving grace was it 5 speed manual transmission. I always jumped on the hate band wagon when it came to these cars but when i actually owned it, I fell in love. I affectionately named the car petunia (purple sunflower) and basically lived in this thing. Finally a year and a half and 50k km later, the leaking engine head finally gave and the car no longer had enough compression for it to even start. Since then i have been chasing that feeling. I bought another sunfire recently, its a 2003 with a 2.2 ecotec, so its quite a bit newer, it of course has the 5 speed manual and its time to start modifications so I can turn my little silver coupe into a sleeping beauty and christen it with the name PETUNIA MKII. However there is a long road ahead.

Here's where the insight comes in. I already have a slight idea of what mods I want to do, but that's a story for another time. The first thing that needs to happen with this car is I need to cram either an L26 from a grand prix gt or an L32 SC from a grand prix GTP into my little coupe. I already know its gonna need custom engine mounts, but my question is, can I keep my 5 speed manual? Currently I'm leaning towards the non supercharged L26 simply because I want a turbo and not a super, but I'm not gonna do either if there isn't a way to keep my manual. Someone once told me that the manual transmission was easily made to fit the 3.8L powerplant but I haven't been able to find anything on it myself. So does anyone have any insight on this?

Re: Saying hi and requesting insight.\
Monday, January 04, 2016 9:55 PM
What about a z34 lumina transmission? OR engine and trans. Might be hard to find parts for the trans, but i think it is the 90degree v6 engine.
Re: Saying hi and requesting insight.\
Monday, January 04, 2016 10:11 PM
Nevermind, it is a 60 degree. Maybe see about the F35 trans?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search